PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat racing=NO SLEEP=crying at work

jab1982
30-11-15, 23:45
Hey All,

I feel like I am on here at least 2-3 times a year. I feel like I am struggling with this bout of anxiety more than I ever have. I take a fairly high dosage of synthroid for my thyroid. I have not really ever had issues with palpitations until 10 days ago. I was at work, my heart began racing, I had to get up, I was sweaty and my chest tightened. I thought I was having a heart attack at work. I am a 33 female, I eat well and I am active. I called my partner and he calmed me down. Two days later in happened twice more, once in the middle of the night. Chest really got tight. I decided to make a an appointment with my doc. I told him all the info. I had an EKG which looked normal, he took bloods and I wore a monitor for 48 hours (bloods and monitor results are still not back). I was still feeling anxious. Well, last Thursday I felt awful, panicked, tight, burning chest and unable to distract myself. I decided to take no chances with my chest pain and my partner drove me to the ER. There they watched my EKG for 2.5 hours, took bloods and they all came out normal. A cardiologist went over it all and she said she was not concerned. I FELT RELIEVED, my chest pain literally disappeared while she spoke to me. I was thinking......WIN WIN WIN!

UNTIL....the past three nights that I have been up all night with palpitations. No, not the palpitations that are like 150BPM. My pulse will be 80-90BPM and I will fixate on it, try to breathe, compulsively take my pulse and realize it has only heightened. My usual resting heart rate is 65-75BPM. Why is this little increase making me worry so much? The lack of sleep is starting to get to me and I have been a mopey, sobbing wreck. I feel like this cycle will never end. I took an emergency lorazepam and still checked my pulse which was 90BPM sitting at a desk reading.

This has got to be anxiety. Is it possible to slow the palpitations to I can get some sleep? What do you guys do to get some sleep at night? Why am I fixating on anxiety when I got a clean bill of health? now I am worrying about the worrying.

rbm
01-12-15, 17:32
could you be having stomach problems? this happend to me, at one time i thought i was going to die in my sleep, i had chest pain, esophagial spasms, my throat closed up, i would wake up at night ,sweating , heart racing...doc said once i got my anxiety in check and then adressed the gastritis problem , i should be fine...she was right.

maybe you should check your thyroid aswell, an imbalance could give you palpitations, agravated with anxiety really spells disaster...hope you get out of it ok, if cardio said you are ok, i think there's nothing to worry about.take some magnesium, it should help with the palpitaions

apm
01-12-15, 19:16
Sounds like a panic attack. You might want to head over to the panic bit of the forum, they are great over there.