PDA

View Full Version : Plane fear

Pet59
01-12-15, 00:29
Oh guys, a huge phobia I have is flying and I'm flying today. I've had a dream last night that something happened me on the plane, then I woke up and was dizzy, there is a lamp in the room and I couldn't figure out what it was while I was half asleep sending me into a panic, I felt faint (at least that's what I thought it was). I'm getting myself into such a state and imagining all sorts of scenarios. I hate it. But if I didn't fly, I wouldn't go anywhere. Any advice. :(

Njoy704
01-12-15, 00:32
I have the same fear. I always count the number of seats to the closest exit so that if I had to crawl out, I'd know where to go . I always wear sneakers in case I need to get out. Flying is a safe mode of transportation, but I understand your fear.

Lifelonganxiety!
01-12-15, 17:21
I would recommend getting a book. There's one I can't remember the name of but it's written by a pilot and explains all of the noises and sensations you'll feel on a plane. It takes all of the "what was that" and "why is this happening" out of flying. Once you realize just how safe flying is, and get to know what the noises are and why it's a little bumpy you'll fly a lot more comfortably!