PDA

View Full Version : Cough from virus with no illness?

lofwyr
01-12-15, 00:41
It sounds dry, and not lung so much as throat based, but is it possible for a virus to cause a cough with no other symptoms? He did not get ill at all, just developed this cough about 5 days ago. I know 5 days isnt even a worry to a doctor, and I am not going to take him yet. I know better than that,but was curious about the lack of other apparent illness. A cough from out of the blue without feeling sick just makes me paranoid and brings out the anxious dad.

I suppose it could be dry air too, it is northern Minnesota and the air in the house is burned dry by the furnace, but both my wife and I are cough free. Wouldn't we be doing the same thing?

I know it sounds silly to worry over a cough that is less than a week old--I had walking pneumonia once from nowhere, and it was weeks before I went to the doc. I take his health so much more seriously than my own, though I do pretty good at keeping my anxieties to myself.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me vent, yet again.

lofwyr
02-12-15, 04:39
Hmm, no one, eh? Not too worried about it to be honest, but it is funny how a lack of response on the forums to something my conscious mind perceived as common place then makes me think it is less common than I had hoped or thought, which then makes it more worrisome.

I think sometimes we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

For what it's worth, he seemed better today, but coughs like crazy when he lays down to sleep. Once asleep he doesn't seem to cough much though.

Anyway, just venting for my own catharsis more than anything.