PDA

View Full Version : Improved a little now feel anxious again about dizziness

Bonnibelle
01-12-15, 10:37
Last week I posted about feeling unwell with stress. My son is 11 and been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks for months after being bullied. CAMHS were refusing to help and my son daily was breaking down crying telling me he didn't want to live etc... Then my daughter 2 weeks ago was rushed into hospital with suspected apendicitis and was there 2 nights. It has all taken it's toll on me and my anxiety has returned and it seems to be focusing on my health and every bodily sensation sends me into high anxiety and worry.

Last week I was bed ridden with dizziness, the type that makes you feel like you're walking on a boat. It feels like the ground it moving when I walk. The GP came out to see me last Monday, did a full check of my eyes, balance, muscle, BP etc.. and said it was not anything brain related like I feared and it was all a reaction to too much stress. I'd been feeling highly stressed for weeks and it had made me feel ill. He said I had to rest and have a week of trying to avoid stress. Really difficult when my son is struggling but I managed to rest during the day. It terrified me though, I spent all week crying worrying about the feeling and what if I am seriously ill with a brain tumour. My left eye felt blurry and I kept thinking my GP had missed something so on Thursday I spoke to him again and he assured me he didn't need to come out to check me again and to accept it's stress and anxiety.

So over the weekend I started to accept things, I felt less dizzy and even went out a few times, went shopping and in turn my confidence grew. I felt less afraid and less anxious. Then last night I felt stressed after a tough day supporting my son. I felt tight in my head and I went heavy all over, my head goes heavy, my chest and legs. Then I feel the ground is moving when I walk and I panic why I feel so heavy all over and why the ground moves. Urgh. Today I have had the heavy feeling and floor moving feeling again and I am back worrying. My left eye feels hazy and I keep worrying that this is brain related.

Can stress and anxiety really make you feel this bad? I can't help but focus on the physical feelings because I have never had them before and I have had anxiety a long time. I keep dreading getting up, cooking, walking around.... My confidence feels shattered again and I am back worrying what this is.

Sorry to post again.:weep:

Movielife
02-12-15, 12:31
Can stress and anxiety really make you feel this bad? I can't help but focus on the physical feelings because I have never had them before and I have had anxiety a long time. I keep dreading getting up, cooking, walking around.... My confidence feels shattered again and I am back worrying what this is.

Sorry to post again.:weep:

Sorry to hear you are not well. I am no GP or expert, but this appears to be anxiety and panic disorder kicking in very quickly. Once you have it, you get worse, UNTIL you think about how you were before it....when you didn't have it. Think, if you did have a serious illness, you would have felt problems get worse a long time ago....not just one day and bang the whole lot hits you. It sounds like your body has hit the barrier and had enough.

Speak to the GP, ask for CBT (if you are NHS/UK) and get medication to calm you! :)

Chocolateface
02-12-15, 21:56
Hi

I can empathise with your child being bullied, my eldest has just started senior school and for a few weeks it took all my strength to get him to school, as he would be crying in fear of the bully. Speak to the teacher if it is primary or pastoral care if it is in senior school, trust me I did and things were changed and improved and I have a happy boy again.

Your symptoms do sound like mine too when the stress leaves the body, it is scary but does pass. Are you eating properly too as I find not eating the right type of foods at the right time can trigger symptoms similar to what you are experiencing.

Clare