PDA

View Full Version : alarms goes of at every twinge

nicolad83
01-12-15, 11:32
hi im Nicola im new to the site im just wondering if anyone gets an alarm going of in there head if they feel a twinge or something... also im always watching my breathing it goes funny any advice would be great thanks :)

GingerFish
01-12-15, 12:40
Yes! Any slight feeling, pain, sensation anywhere in my body sends me into a panic or high anxiety state, even if I have felt it before and turned out to be nothing or even if I know what caused it. I know its just because I am in a state of high sensitization because I'm not over a highly stressful period/breakdown from a month or so ago but it can still be very frightening and draining.

nicolad83
01-12-15, 12:44
thanks for the reply it really scares me and sends me in to panic mode everytime it happens x

kellie39
01-12-15, 14:46
Yes! Any slight feeling, pain, sensation anywhere in my body sends me into a panic or high anxiety state, even if I have felt it before and turned out to be nothing or even if I know what caused it. I know its just because I am in a state of high sensitization because I'm not over a highly stressful period/breakdown from a month or so ago but it can still be very frightening and draining.

Gingerfish - hope you dont mind me asking but what are your physical feelings with your anxiety? how do you manage to cope ?
xx

CoraB
01-12-15, 15:04
Gingerfish - hope you dont mind me asking but what are your physical feelings with your anxiety? how do you manage to cope ?
xx

I would like to know this too. I'm hoping my symptoms are from being highly sensitized but there are really worrying me and each time i feel an ache or pain I feel the panic rising again!

Does anyone get any of these:
- achey arms and legs
- neck pain and or stiffness
- pains in hands
- a light tingling sensation in hands and feet

It would just help me to know its anxiety. One of the things i really struggle with is these sensations keep reminding me of my worries and its like an endless circle.

kellie39
01-12-15, 15:06
I would like to know this too. I'm hoping my symptoms are from being highly sensitized but there are really worrying me and each time i feel an ache or pain I feel the panic rising again!

Does anyone get any of these:
- achey arms and legs
- neck pain and or stiffness
- pains in hands
- a light tingling sensation in hands and feet

It would just help me to know its anxiety. One of the things i really struggle with is these sensations keep reminding me of my worries and its like an endless circle.

when my panic was bad i had aches in my back and neck. my bowels are looser than normal and i have these shakes that are internal and external which is really worrying me at the min. i sometimes get what feels liek lump in my throat as well.
xx

CoraB
01-12-15, 15:35
I have the shaking too, sometimes I visible shake and sometimes it is just inside and my hubby will keep saying i am not shaking but i feel like i am. If it helps at all I have had the shaking before when I was hospitalized as a teenager for anxiety and they said the best thing is not to fight it, just let it wash over you and accept that the anxiety is bad at the moment but it will pass.

kellie39
01-12-15, 16:04
I have the shaking too, sometimes I visible shake and sometimes it is just inside and my hubby will keep saying i am not shaking but i feel like i am. If it helps at all I have had the shaking before when I was hospitalized as a teenager for anxiety and they said the best thing is not to fight it, just let it wash over you and accept that the anxiety is bad at the moment but it will pass.

do you shake when you are panicking or when you are calmer as well?

i feel a bit calmer but im still churning things over in my brain a lot and although things have settled down i still have the shakes they arent always bad but im always looking for them.
im trying to tell myself that it is all part of the anxiety and it will calm down eventually and not to worry about it but its hard sometimes.
xx

nicolad83
01-12-15, 16:52
I shake too. and my muscles tense up which makes them ache xx

melvin
01-12-15, 18:34
I definitely do