View Full Version : hi im new member

nicolad83
01-12-15, 11:40
hi my names Nicola and im struggling with anxiety at the moment was taking citalprom but made me feel worse so have stopped and advice on natural coping method would be appreciated. thanks

venusbluejeans
01-12-15, 11:50
Hiya nicolad83 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nicolad83
01-12-15, 12:09
thankyou so much for the welcome....that's what I was hoping to find support from people that understand whats its like to deal with anxiety and how scary it can be x

Yorkshirewife
01-12-15, 14:38
Hi Nicola - it's really scary - but I've found a lot of support on here and also advice. I was taking Sertraline but I had to stop due to extreme side effects? I've found some breathing and relaxation information on here that have helped me? If you have a read of some of the articles - there's loads of stuff on here X I hope you have a better day.

kellie39
01-12-15, 16:25
Hi Nicola
ive never had anxiety like this before and have been on edge for 6 weeks now and its so horrible isnt it. i took citalopram for a couple of days and hated it so i stopped. im looking at natural tablets instead.

what symptoms are you having?
xx

nicolad83
01-12-15, 16:47
thankyou yorkshirewife ive read quite a few of them....I was given sertraline but I didn't take it due to reading about all the side effects... then I was given citalprom I only took it for 5 days and it seemed to make my anxiety so much more worser xx

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

hi kelly39 I had to stop taking citalprom ive just stopped taking it today as it made me feel worser... its my breathing that's the real issue I tend to focus to much on it then I shallow breath which makes my chest and ribs feel tight and I get the shakes xx

kellie39
01-12-15, 16:50
i hope you can calm down soon, its so horrible to feel like this.
xx

nicolad83
01-12-15, 16:54
its awful as much as my family help they don't understand I am glad ive found this site as I think talking to people who are also going through this helps xx

ComfortableWithCats
01-12-15, 16:56
Hi Nicola,

I am new here too. I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with anxiety at the moment. Have you spoken to your GP about CBT?

I also find talking to somebody helps. Talking about anything tends to calm me down enough to regain regular breathing.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now :)

kellie39
01-12-15, 16:57
i know that feeling, however much my hubby tries i know he doesnt understand and i find that really hard.

you will get lots of help on here and i hope it helps
xx

nicolad83
01-12-15, 17:05
thanks I feel better already just having people to talk too xx

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

im currently on the waiting list for cbt but its a6 week wait and even then its a computer one where I don't actually get to see someone xx

ComfortableWithCats
01-12-15, 18:34
Hi, its worth the wait and going through computer CBT to finally get to speak to somebody. My first CBT coach was amazing and she really helped me out. She gave me some amazing techniques to help lower the anxiety and overall helped me to understand what was going on in my body.

Glad you are starting to feel better now you are chatting on this forum.

It has been great browsing today for me too.

:)