PDA

View Full Version : Lower leg pain anyone?

Pinkflipflop3
01-12-15, 12:04
Ive suffered from health anxiety for years, self diagnosed myself with brain tumours, cancer, appendicitis you name it, I keep getting a strange pain in my right calf for the past month, sometimes feels like it goes to my knee or bone, convinced myself I had a DVT but got it checked out and it's not, there's no swelling, heat or redness, just feels like a toothache feeling, also get pain in my lower back, sometimes my groin, worried about it as I've never experienced anything like it before, anyone else experienced this?

DeeBee27
01-12-15, 15:54
Hi Pinkflipflop3,

YES!!!! Only it's my left leg. I've had it for two weeks now, and I have seen my doctor and she said I have a nerve issue... so prescribed me Gabapentin for it. I've booked another appointment for tomorrow morning as I am so scared it's something more serious.

My biggest fear is cancer. I'm scared that I'll get cancer, or like now, I've had pain in my lower leg for 2 weeks today. I saw my GP on the friday following the pain I got (on the monday) and i am terrified it's bone cancer. Even though when I saw her and she'd taken blood tests, she said that all my bloods were clear and I should be reassured. She said the leg pain was neuropathy related, something to do with my nerves. I was just glad she didn't say "oh I think you need tests, I think it might be cancer". I'm sitting here crying, and I am trying so hard to believe that I am going to be OK, that there are people out there with much bigger concerns than I have, but I can't.
I'm scared ill be mis-diagnosed, or they'll miss the symptoms and it'll be too late for me.
I can't think straight, I'm struggling to get on with my day as normal... I just feel like it's hanging over my head, and i'm so scared. My doctor prescribed me Gabapentin and i've been taking that along with ibuprofen (I know you cant comment on diagnosing, it just helps for me to tell you everything... so I feel that you understand better). I've also been using ibuprofen gel and rubbing it on my leg. Over the weekend, i've been much better, leg pain almost went and my leg felt normal for the first time since the pain began.

The doctor didn't really tell me much about the nerve condition, She didn't seem to worried so I took comfort in that at the time. I managed to sleep last night without painkillers or using any pain relief gel, but this morning when I woke up, I felt the ache in my leg a little when I tried to half sit up half lie down in bed.

I panicked when I went out as I had no ibuprofen tablets or gel to use on my leg just in case. I did put on some muscle rub but I don't think it helped.

I managed to get some Ibuprofen gel and tablets from the shops so I feel better knowing it's there. My anxiety is quite bad this afternoon though. I keep worrying why I only feel it in my lower left leg and a little in my left forearm. I keep thinking for it to still be hurting now (even though there have been days and moments when it's been gone) that there must be something really wrong and then my fears about bone cancer come up again and I just can't stop crying. I also google my symptoms which I know I shouldn't... I just feel like I need that urgent answer.

This year has been tough, The start of the year we were getting over a scare of my mums health where the doctor first thought she had heart issues, but it turned out to be a chest infection. And I've had stressful times with University and studying. My best friends Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and died within a few months - she failed to go to the doctors with her symptoms so it was too late to treat her. And another family friend who is as good as my aunty has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. I think I just think that if it can happen to them it can happen to me... and I actually feel that this year I've taken steps to move my life forward in the direction I want it to go in. Then I've had minor health worries myself and worried incessantly about them when it turned out to be nothing. I'm scared... petrified of it being too late for me.

I know that sounds silly as i'm only 27, but this morning I switched on the TV and there was a story about a 27 year old man having cancer which at first he thought there was nothing serious wrong with him, and it seems that everywhere I turn there's warning to be vigilant about cancer signs and symptoms, and catching it early and research into cancer so that it's not too late for people in the future... it just makes me feel like I can't breathe for cancer being there in one way or another.

I'm trying to tell myself that if there was anything seriously wrong the doctors would have picked it up in my blood tests but I can't get my head to grasp that. I just want to be happy and healthy again. I want my leg to stop hurting.

It's worrying me because I had this pain in the side of my calf about the 8th October this year and the days previous to it i'd been wearing heeled boots (I usually wear flat shoes), and I worried a little when I felt the pain on an evening because I didn't know what it was. But the pain went just after a week (i think), and now it's come back... 16th November and has stayed almost all day this time. I've had the odd night where it's been there all night, other nights no pain, all day... then this past weekend when it went completely. I'm scared it's cancer because it went and came back more persistent... before the calmer me would have said, it was muscle strain and because I hadn't let it heal properly it's come back again and is taking slightly longer to heal this time... but to me now - this anxious panic ridden me, I think that it can't be that simple... surely?

Today I have felt the occasional twinge, sharp, stabbing burning pains in my leg which via google I have learnt could indicate nerve pain... and the fact that it seems to go up my leg and the feeling as though I have a vibrating phone in my pocket .. up my thigh and into my lower back... that seems nerve related too. Even crossing my legs hurts the back of the calf as if it's bruised but it's not, and crossing my ankles sends pain up the outside of my calf.

Again, I know you can't comment on diagnosis... but these are all the thoughts and questions that are racing around my head all day... every day. I can't focus on anything. I'm really scared about my appointment tomorrow morning... I'm scared she'll agree with me that it is serious and I should be worried.

I don't want to be worrying and anxious over christmas... I want to feel normal, healthy and happy again. I want to focus on my future and look forward to the future.

Sorry for rambling on, I just thought you might be able to relate to it (or not).

Dawn x

Randara
01-12-15, 23:58
Hiya, I have been getting upper leg pain which is probably muscle strain or nerve related as it has traveled down my leg. I only really noticed it properly today as I was getting dressed and felt a pain deep in my groin (in the muscle?) and was really focused on it.

Am hopefully seeing a doctor tomorrow though about something else so will raise this too!

Hope you feel better soon x

Pinkflipflop3
02-12-15, 00:04
Hiya, I have been getting upper leg pain which is probably muscle strain or nerve related as it has traveled down my leg. I only really noticed it properly today as I was getting dressed and felt a pain deep in my groin (in the muscle?) and was really focused on it.

Am hopefully seeing a doctor tomorrow though about something else so will raise this too!

Hope you feel better soon x

Hey,

Thankyou :) Nothing worse than not knowing what it is, Anxiety is a horrible thing!

Hope you get it sorted and it vanishes soon for you too :) xx

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Hi Pinkflipflop3,

YES!!!! Only it's my left leg. I've had it for two weeks now, and I have seen my doctor and she said I have a nerve issue... so prescribed me Gabapentin for it. I've booked another appointment for tomorrow morning as I am so scared it's something more serious.

My biggest fear is cancer. I'm scared that I'll get cancer, or like now, I've had pain in my lower leg for 2 weeks today. I saw my GP on the friday following the pain I got (on the monday) and i am terrified it's bone cancer. Even though when I saw her and she'd taken blood tests, she said that all my bloods were clear and I should be reassured. She said the leg pain was neuropathy related, something to do with my nerves. I was just glad she didn't say "oh I think you need tests, I think it might be cancer". I'm sitting here crying, and I am trying so hard to believe that I am going to be OK, that there are people out there with much bigger concerns than I have, but I can't.
I'm scared ill be mis-diagnosed, or they'll miss the symptoms and it'll be too late for me.
I can't think straight, I'm struggling to get on with my day as normal... I just feel like it's hanging over my head, and i'm so scared. My doctor prescribed me Gabapentin and i've been taking that along with ibuprofen (I know you cant comment on diagnosing, it just helps for me to tell you everything... so I feel that you understand better). I've also been using ibuprofen gel and rubbing it on my leg. Over the weekend, i've been much better, leg pain almost went and my leg felt normal for the first time since the pain began.

The doctor didn't really tell me much about the nerve condition, She didn't seem to worried so I took comfort in that at the time. I managed to sleep last night without painkillers or using any pain relief gel, but this morning when I woke up, I felt the ache in my leg a little when I tried to half sit up half lie down in bed.

I panicked when I went out as I had no ibuprofen tablets or gel to use on my leg just in case. I did put on some muscle rub but I don't think it helped.

I managed to get some Ibuprofen gel and tablets from the shops so I feel better knowing it's there. My anxiety is quite bad this afternoon though. I keep worrying why I only feel it in my lower left leg and a little in my left forearm. I keep thinking for it to still be hurting now (even though there have been days and moments when it's been gone) that there must be something really wrong and then my fears about bone cancer come up again and I just can't stop crying. I also google my symptoms which I know I shouldn't... I just feel like I need that urgent answer.

This year has been tough, The start of the year we were getting over a scare of my mums health where the doctor first thought she had heart issues, but it turned out to be a chest infection. And I've had stressful times with University and studying. My best friends Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and died within a few months - she failed to go to the doctors with her symptoms so it was too late to treat her. And another family friend who is as good as my aunty has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. I think I just think that if it can happen to them it can happen to me... and I actually feel that this year I've taken steps to move my life forward in the direction I want it to go in. Then I've had minor health worries myself and worried incessantly about them when it turned out to be nothing. I'm scared... petrified of it being too late for me.

I know that sounds silly as i'm only 27, but this morning I switched on the TV and there was a story about a 27 year old man having cancer which at first he thought there was nothing serious wrong with him, and it seems that everywhere I turn there's warning to be vigilant about cancer signs and symptoms, and catching it early and research into cancer so that it's not too late for people in the future... it just makes me feel like I can't breathe for cancer being there in one way or another.

I'm trying to tell myself that if there was anything seriously wrong the doctors would have picked it up in my blood tests but I can't get my head to grasp that. I just want to be happy and healthy again. I want my leg to stop hurting.

It's worrying me because I had this pain in the side of my calf about the 8th October this year and the days previous to it i'd been wearing heeled boots (I usually wear flat shoes), and I worried a little when I felt the pain on an evening because I didn't know what it was. But the pain went just after a week (i think), and now it's come back... 16th November and has stayed almost all day this time. I've had the odd night where it's been there all night, other nights no pain, all day... then this past weekend when it went completely. I'm scared it's cancer because it went and came back more persistent... before the calmer me would have said, it was muscle strain and because I hadn't let it heal properly it's come back again and is taking slightly longer to heal this time... but to me now - this anxious panic ridden me, I think that it can't be that simple... surely?

Today I have felt the occasional twinge, sharp, stabbing burning pains in my leg which via google I have learnt could indicate nerve pain... and the fact that it seems to go up my leg and the feeling as though I have a vibrating phone in my pocket .. up my thigh and into my lower back... that seems nerve related too. Even crossing my legs hurts the back of the calf as if it's bruised but it's not, and crossing my ankles sends pain up the outside of my calf.

Again, I know you can't comment on diagnosis... but these are all the thoughts and questions that are racing around my head all day... every day. I can't focus on anything. I'm really scared about my appointment tomorrow morning... I'm scared she'll agree with me that it is serious and I should be worried.

I don't want to be worrying and anxious over christmas... I want to feel normal, healthy and happy again. I want to focus on my future and look forward to the future.

Sorry for rambling on, I just thought you might be able to relate to it (or not).

Dawn x

Hey Dawn,

like yourself my doctor didn't seem worried about it either, put it down to restless legs, mind is just the one leg also! I've had a stressful year too and worry about things probably a lot more than I should, and should stay away from google but that's easier said than done haha! Never really experienced leg pain before and it's just not disappearing, like you bone cancer crossed my mind and I'm also 27. Someone else said that periods can cause leg pain, just wish it would go away then could stop thinking about it! Anxiety really is an evil thing, it's scary how it can make your body feel even tho there's nothing wrong! I can totally relate to what your saying, feeling pain and not knowing what it is drives me crazy .. Always thinking the worst! I keep telling myself it's just because I'm focusing on it makes it seem worse than what it actually is, I guess when we worry all our muscles get really tense so it probably is nothing to worry about (easier said than done, I know) Hope you get some answers tomorrow, let me know how you get on xx

CoraB
02-12-15, 08:21
My anxiety is quite bad this afternoon though. I keep worrying why I only feel it in my lower left leg and a little in my left forearm. I keep thinking for it to still be hurting now (even though there have been days and moments when it's been gone) that there must be something really wrong and then my fears about bone cancer come up again and I just can't stop crying. I also google my symptoms which I know I shouldn't... I just feel like I need that urgent answer.

Sounds so like me i could have written it myself. Only my pain is in both arms and legs and my neck :-( My Dr keeps saying its a virus which quite frankly I just don't buy - like you I feel like there is an urgency to get "it" diagnosed as soon as possible and the endless appointments and waiting is like torture.

I'm sitting here crying too. My main fears are about MS but also any kind of cancer. I just want it to stop but i can't see a way out other than paying for a scan which i can't afford.

PM me if you want to :-)

daisyflower
02-12-15, 09:30
I get this all the time and always have done. Sometimes it lasts for 3 weeks without letting up at all, it really sucks. Even went the walk in a few years ago and they were really dismissive because I didn't have swelling or redness and it didn't come on after a car crash or acdident, etc.

If I think about leg ache too much I get it, it's that's easy to bring on. What does help is taking magnesium, paracetamol, hot bath and hot water bottle on calf as well as calf massage. Best thing is distraction though!

CoraB
02-12-15, 14:04
I get this all the time and always have done. Sometimes it lasts for 3 weeks without letting up at all, it really sucks. Even went the walk in a few years ago and they were really dismissive because I didn't have swelling or redness and it didn't come on after a car crash or acdident, etc.

If I think about leg ache too much I get it, it's that's easy to bring on. What does help is taking magnesium, paracetamol, hot bath and hot water bottle on calf as well as calf massage. Best thing is distraction though!

Thanks daisyflower. I felt my Dr was dismissive too, I wrote a list of my symptoms and she glanced at it once and put it down and said i had a virus.

I do find mine is on and off, and different places too. For example, yesterday it was my calfs that hurt most and now it is my lower back and thighs.

I'm taking your advice and going for a walk and some Christmas Shopping!

Pinkflipflop3
02-12-15, 15:43
Thanks daisyflower. I felt my Dr was dismissive too, I wrote a list of my symptoms and she glanced at it once and put it down and said i had a virus.

I do find mine is on and off, and different places too. For example, yesterday it was my calfs that hurt most and now it is my lower back and thighs.

I'm taking your advice and going for a walk and some Christmas Shopping!

Definitely makes you feel better when you hear from people that have the same, my lower back and pain in my knee and down my leg today, my doctor was also dismissive because there was no redness or swelling, feels like toothache in the leg and just wish it would go away so I can stop worrying that it's something bad xx

DeeBee27
02-12-15, 19:59
Hey,

Thankyou :) Nothing worse than not knowing what it is, Anxiety is a horrible thing!

Hope you get it sorted and it vanishes soon for you too :) xx

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Hey Dawn,

like yourself my doctor didn't seem worried about it either, put it down to restless legs, mind is just the one leg also! I've had a stressful year too and worry about things probably a lot more than I should, and should stay away from google but that's easier said than done haha! Never really experienced leg pain before and it's just not disappearing, like you bone cancer crossed my mind and I'm also 27. Someone else said that periods can cause leg pain, just wish it would go away then could stop thinking about it! Anxiety really is an evil thing, it's scary how it can make your body feel even tho there's nothing wrong! I can totally relate to what your saying, feeling pain and not knowing what it is drives me crazy .. Always thinking the worst! I keep telling myself it's just because I'm focusing on it makes it seem worse than what it actually is, I guess when we worry all our muscles get really tense so it probably is nothing to worry about (easier said than done, I know) Hope you get some answers tomorrow, let me know how you get on xx

Hi, how are you doing?

Reading all your replies on this thread makes me feel so much better knowing i'm not alone.

Today I saw my GP and told her all my concerns and anxieties, and she agreed that I seem to have health anxiety. She talked to me, she listened to me and she reassured me somewhat.

She listened to my symptoms regarding my leg and arm and said that its very common and lots of people have it - it being a neuropathic problem, basically a trapped nerve somewhere causing my leg to hurt and the tingling and burning is key in this.

She said I was very good at describing the pain and explaining where I felt it.

She listened to my concerns regarding cancer and bone cancer, and she said that she can promise me that it's not cancer because it would have shown up in my blood tests and there is nothing remotely abnormal about my blood test I had at the start of the month.

She said she was concerned about the anxiety it was causing me, and I agreed that I was worried about my anxiety. She's referring me for CBT and Counselling, - I just hope I don't have to wait too long, because I know that I need to talk to someone and the idea of not having that soon panics me.

I'm trying to reassure myself, trying to go over what she said to me and how she explained about the nerve in my leg and how it travels down the exact path of where I feel the pain.

She's given me tablets to take 3 times a day and an ibuprofen gel to rub on my knee, as she believes the nerve is trapped in my knee somewhere. She is also sending me for an X-Ray on my knee to reassure me, because she said it will help with my concerns about mis-diagnosis or not catching it quick enough.

She was really nice and didn't judge me at all. She said it will take time to heal the trapped nerve, about a month, and whilst on one hand it reassures me about the time I may feel the pain for, it worries me because I hope I can stay calm for that long... right now I don't feel I can.

Already tonight I'm panicking about the pain in my left forearm and wrist, trying not to cry but it's hard. I'm glad she's reassured me. I just have that doubt in my head that says, maybe I forgot to tell her something important - I hope the CBT helps with that. I don't want to be this anxious all the time. I never used to be.

I used to be so happy and looking forward to life, it's just come out of nowhere and seems to have snowballed. I worry about how i'm going to be over christmas, and if I start getting really anxious what do I do then? There's no doctor to talk to...

There's one other thing playing on my mind, I forgot to tell her that the pain came on in october for a week before going, and then came back in November around a month later and has been there since. I have this fear that that information was vital and would change things. Silly I know.

My mum says that I may have started to do something to the nerve back on October through wearing heels when I'm not used to it, and that it settled but then through lifting weights during a workout I pulled it more and it has made it get like this. But in my head whilst that conclusion sounds lovely and what I want to believe... i think maybe that explanation is too simple.

I'm sorry if this is sounding repetitive and cyclical.... I don't mean to annoy people or get on their nerves, it just feels better if I talk to someone...

Pinkflipflop3
02-12-15, 21:50
Hi, how are you doing?

Reading all your replies on this thread makes me feel so much better knowing i'm not alone.

Today I saw my GP and told her all my concerns and anxieties, and she agreed that I seem to have health anxiety. She talked to me, she listened to me and she reassured me somewhat.

She listened to my symptoms regarding my leg and arm and said that its very common and lots of people have it - it being a neuropathic problem, basically a trapped nerve somewhere causing my leg to hurt and the tingling and burning is key in this.

She said I was very good at describing the pain and explaining where I felt it.

She listened to my concerns regarding cancer and bone cancer, and she said that she can promise me that it's not cancer because it would have shown up in my blood tests and there is nothing remotely abnormal about my blood test I had at the start of the month.

She said she was concerned about the anxiety it was causing me, and I agreed that I was worried about my anxiety. She's referring me for CBT and Counselling, - I just hope I don't have to wait too long, because I know that I need to talk to someone and the idea of not having that soon panics me.

I'm trying to reassure myself, trying to go over what she said to me and how she explained about the nerve in my leg and how it travels down the exact path of where I feel the pain.

She's given me tablets to take 3 times a day and an ibuprofen gel to rub on my knee, as she believes the nerve is trapped in my knee somewhere. She is also sending me for an X-Ray on my knee to reassure me, because she said it will help with my concerns about mis-diagnosis or not catching it quick enough.

She was really nice and didn't judge me at all. She said it will take time to heal the trapped nerve, about a month, and whilst on one hand it reassures me about the time I may feel the pain for, it worries me because I hope I can stay calm for that long... right now I don't feel I can.

Already tonight I'm panicking about the pain in my left forearm and wrist, trying not to cry but it's hard. I'm glad she's reassured me. I just have that doubt in my head that says, maybe I forgot to tell her something important - I hope the CBT helps with that. I don't want to be this anxious all the time. I never used to be.

I used to be so happy and looking forward to life, it's just come out of nowhere and seems to have snowballed. I worry about how i'm going to be over christmas, and if I start getting really anxious what do I do then? There's no doctor to talk to...

There's one other thing playing on my mind, I forgot to tell her that the pain came on in october for a week before going, and then came back in November around a month later and has been there since. I have this fear that that information was vital and would change things. Silly I know.

My mum says that I may have started to do something to the nerve back on October through wearing heels when I'm not used to it, and that it settled but then through lifting weights during a workout I pulled it more and it has made it get like this. But in my head whilst that conclusion sounds lovely and what I want to believe... i think maybe that explanation is too simple.

I'm sorry if this is sounding repetitive and cyclical.... I don't mean to annoy people or get on their nerves, it just feels better if I talk to someone...

Hey there,

I've had pain in my forearm and wrist before too but that was because I was really worrying about something else with my body, when I finally managed to calm myself down and tell myself it's anxiety it went away, it's really scary .. I thought it was to do with my heart, but it's definitely anxiety. I went from day to day with a mixture of different pains all over the place. Your definitely not getting on anyone's nerves, I'm exactly the same as you with my anxiety worrys, makes you feel better knowing your not the only one with the same experiences xx

Kilimanjaro
02-12-15, 22:42
My left lower leg feels exactly as you describe.. Like it is bruised but burning.. There is a little lump too... I am getting very scared now and keep checking for swelling every five minutes... I feel like it is getting worse and worse but maybe I am just focussing on it too much. It felt better when I had a hot bath but just want to go to Docs about it but embarrassed as I was there last week with the lumps in my groin. Terrified of DVT or bone cancer... I hate this illness but why oh why do I just get symptoms after symptoms.. I just want to feel perfectly healthy...

Pinkflipflop3
02-12-15, 23:00
My left lower leg feels exactly as you describe.. Like it is bruised but burning.. There is a little lump too... I am getting very scared now and keep checking for swelling every five minutes... I feel like it is getting worse and worse but maybe I am just focussing on it too much. It felt better when I had a hot bath but just want to go to Docs about it but embarrassed as I was there last week with the lumps in my groin. Terrified of DVT or bone cancer... I hate this illness but why oh why do I just get symptoms after symptoms.. I just want to feel perfectly healthy...

Hey,

I'm like that also, looking at my legs a lot to see if there's anything showing, I know the feeling, it's like you get rid of one thing and something else appears, then you start to feel that surely you can't have all these different things wrong every week and there must be something up :/ Then you feel silly when all your tests come back clear but your feeling all the pains, I try telling myself that it's anxiety but there's always the devil on my shoulder saying " but what if it is something" .. Just want to be back like myself without the constant leg ache

Kilimanjaro
03-12-15, 15:59
I could of written that pink flip flop..
My leg pain ha been much, much worse today. Wondering if it could be psychosomatic but think yet another trip to Docs is in order.. It feels bruised but like you are pressing on the bruise all the time. It is freaking me out. I just want it to be gone ����

DeeBee27
03-12-15, 16:52
I too could have written that myself pinkflipflop. Constantly checking.

Today I've been calmer, definitely had my anxious moments that reduced me to tears. I even felt a moment where I was ready to accept that its just nerve pain,and then my forearm hurts and my joints in my fingers and the cancer fear came back. Then I headed here to where I feel safe to express my fears, and I'm hoping ill calm down again �� I too just want it to go...both the pain and the anxiety. I want to feel happy and healthy again ��

Kilimanjaro
03-12-15, 19:42
Love to you DeeBee. It is horrible... I hate feeling this way... Just don't know what to do about the doctor tomorrow. I was there a week ago with something else....

DeeBee27
03-12-15, 21:31
I think that doctors know when you're there through genuine concern for your health, at least that is what I've experienced. They can tell a time waster taking the mickey compared to someone whom simply wants whats best for their health and seeks professional reassurance. A doctor once told me that they would rather see me and be able to say to me that after investigation everything is OK and there is nothing to worry about which will mean that I walk out of the doctors positive, healthy and happy, than not see someone and have that person worry and become unwell through worry.

So please, don't worry, they are there to reassure us and treat us if need be. Let us know how you get on xx

Kilimanjaro
04-12-15, 22:39
I didn't get to Docs today. Had an awful night with my 10 month old and we all overslept so couldn't book an appointment for today...
My leg is really bad now. It just aches and now my knee is also feeling the sane where before it was only just below it. The pain is hard to describe. Like an burning ache and my leg just feels tender. I went up into the loft today and even leaning the ladder on it hurt..
I am so, so scared this is something really serious now.. I have had twinges in my leg before but they have come and gone this seems never ending ��

CoraB
10-12-15, 11:27
Has anyone else still got the lower leg pain? Mine feels like my foot might snap and I've started to click in my knee and calf. I'm worried I'm just going to try and walk on it one time and I'll not be able to or trip over. Really bad lower back pain too.

I know this sounds weird but does anyone have it where their clothes feel weird against the skin - like a sort of vague tingling.

Pinkflipflop3
10-12-15, 11:49
Has anyone else still got the lower leg pain? Mine feels like my foot might snap and I've started to click in my knee and calf. I'm worried I'm just going to try and walk on it one time and I'll not be able to or trip over. Really bad lower back pain too.

I know this sounds weird but does anyone have it where their clothes feel weird against the skin - like a sort of vague tingling.

Heya,

Yeah I still have mine, and the lower back pain, my leg that doesn't feel right also felt weird when clothes was against it, was at the doctors today because I now have discomfort in the middle of my upper abdomen too, really feel like I'm going off my head, was reassured that all my blood tests were fine and she didn't seem concerned, said worrying about it can do crazy things to the body, wouldn't be so bad but I'm only 26 and feel like I have the aches of an 80 year old haha

CoraB
10-12-15, 13:28
Yeah I feel like that someone said it's because I am getting old and I thought I am only 30! I've got stomach pain with it too. I feel like I'm constantly listening in front my body and noticing sensations and now I'm not sure if it's because I am focusing too much on it or they are abnormal.

Either way I just have this horrible anxiety it's something bad and like your the Dr doesn't seem concerned even though I am presenting with a lot of symptoms of MS. Trouble is the more I try and reassure myself the more worrying things I "spot" wrong with me.

Pinkflipflop3
10-12-15, 14:20
I've had folk say that to me to "it's because your getting older" .. And I also convinced myself that I had MS at one point too, it's just hard to believe that your body can give you so much problems that it's hard to get into the head that there's nothing wrong, I feel like a pain to the doctors every time I go but just need that bit of reassurance it's nothing, sometimes I notice that when I'm focused on one ache it's there for days then when something else starts aching the one I was originally thinking about doesn't seem as bad .. Really is a viscous circle that makes you feel like your going crazy having all these problems after another.

CoraB
30-12-15, 13:23
Hey guys :-) just revisitng this thread and wondering how all of you are with your leg pain? Mines still bad woke up with it bad this morning and a stinking headache and back pain. Mine is still in the back of my calves its freaking me out thinking I have a blood clot or something especially with all the blurry vision and headaches too.

Trying to stay calm but it's awful 😞

Blonde123
21-10-17, 19:55
Hi I know this is a really old thread but I'm having really bad leg pains in my right leg. Just wondered how you all are?

Brunamateus
22-10-17, 13:37
Hi I know this is a really old thread but I'm having really bad leg pains in my right leg. Just wondered how you all are?

Hey :) I too was suffering really bad from right leg pains, calf, groin and inner thigh...I went through so many scans cause I was convinced I had dvt but all were negative, when I stopped worrying about it, it was gone, hard to believe
, I know!