PDA

View Full Version : Tnnitus

Devonchap
01-12-15, 12:52
Hi All

So I have this wretched Tinnitus - high pitched whining in both ears.

I went to see the ENT - all hearing etc etc was normal, and he said it was 'just one of those things' that will resolve on its own as you get used to it (Habituation).

After this reassurance, I was fine for a few weeks - and didnt take any notice of it....but lately I am focuing on it more again.

Has anyone else 'Habituated' to it, only for it to be a problem again - or is this 'coming and going' (more like noticing it or not) the way it is?

mporter012
03-12-15, 23:31
Certainly seems to be a common symptom of anxiety suffers. I'd never had it until 3 weeks ago and I've had anxiety for 18 years. I woke up dizzy one morning, and one ear was plugged up, the other ringing slightly. I thought it must have been related to the dizziness, which would seem logical. This, interestingly, happened about a week or so after starting Lexapro. I'm not sure if it's related to the medicine, or just another strange symptom of anxiety. It's continued through the last few weeks,despite the dizziness being gone. I also seemed to ignore it for a week or so, more or less, but now I'm obsessing about it. I haven't slept in three nights, waking up in a panic hearing the ringing. You can look back through older posts and find that you'll certainly habituate to it! I imagine you will get over this symptom, like we get over most symptoms, sooner than later. Positive thoughts your way, my friend.