PDA

View Full Version : Right side of Stomach bigger than left? AAA?

worriednow22
01-12-15, 17:26
Hi,

My right upper ab area is more bloated or sticks out more than the left. Almost like a slight bulge. I am worried I have an AAA (aortic anyurism.) I can see my stomach pulsing. Right to the left of the "bulging area" I can see a pulse from my stomach too. I am a 32 year old male and am tall and skinny. I have always suspected I have a connective tissue condition known as "Marfans syndrome."

But I have been to the doctors a few times and nothing came from it. About 6 years ago I had my aorta CT scanned and suposedly it seemed normal then. But....this bulge area seems to have gotten bigger very slowly over the years. I am not sure if this is "gas" or "fat build up" on my right side of my upper stomach?

Is it possible this is normal and just fat or gas? I am really worried and dont have any health insurance right now. The right side of my stomach for sure looks bigger and more bloated than the left. I can't ignore it because I look at it all the time.

Lifelonganxiety!
01-12-15, 18:16
Nobody here can really diagnose you, but if it makes any difference I have a lot of asymmetry on my body.

The right side of my stomach is larger than the left. I have a few extra pounds and I see that the fat is distributed more to the right than the left, but at the top of the abdomen on the right side I have a bulge which i presume is a muscle or tendon or something. There isn't one on the left.

As for the pulsing, considering you are skinny as you say, it's most likely just blood pumping in a normal fashion. I don't really know much about aortic aneurysms but I know the aorta is deep in your chest cavity and any pulsing wouldn't be present in your stomach...

Maybe you can look into a free clinic in your area?

daisyflower
01-12-15, 18:54
Mine is bigger that size too, it's because you have more under there, such as your liver. Don't worry about it X

rsanchez
01-12-15, 20:58
I worry about this all the time. I don't think it would cause one-sided bulging like you describe though. More likely to be gas and bloating.

I have also always suspected I have marfans too, just have so many signs. But I've been so reluctant to talk to my doctor about it. Also, having had an echocardiogram a couple years ago because I told my doctor I had palpitations, my fear of aneurysm is a little less, although it's still there.