PDA

View Full Version : chest and left arm pain, please help!

worrier98
01-12-15, 20:13
If anyone can offer some advice or reassurance I would really appreciate it!

I'm a 17 year old girl and have been having the WORST chest pain for about a month now. I have a history of health anxiety and odd bodily sensations but this feels different. My left arm has been really aching and feels heavy, I can't hold it up for very long and it feels weak compared to my right. I've been getting all kinds of pains in the left side of my chest, some sharp, some dull and it kinda feels like a pressure. I always wake up in the morning with this uncomfortable feeling on the left side. I am terrified that there's something going on with my heart. The ache and pain in my left arm gets so much worse after exercise. I'm not having any dizziness or shortness of breath, just pain and weakness! My family have no history of heart problems or sudden deaths etc. I am reasonably healthy, I don't smoke or drink, I eat fairly well and am not overweight and get a fair amount of exercise. I hate feeling like this, any reassurance would really help me right now. :weep:

TheMusicGuy6
01-12-15, 22:52
How is your diet? Tea's, Coffee's, soft drinks, foods?

2Anxious
01-12-15, 23:19
Pain as you're describing when related to the heart is only due to blockages. Having blocked arteries at age 17 is basically unheard of. I'd be willing to bet anything it's not your heart but see your doctor just to be on the safe side, more because the pain obviously isn't normal and you should try and get to the bottom of it. It is most likely is anxiety, though.

A few months ago I was convinced I had a blood clot in my leg. I've never had pain, but as soon as I started believing there could be something wrong, I started getting pains. Sharp pains, aches, shooting pains. I eventually got over it and forgot about it and haven't had any pain since.

The power of the mind is crazy.

Randara
01-12-15, 23:29
I have that feeling myself in the past, but nothing came of it luckily.

Do you sleep on your left side?

Jherron
02-12-15, 02:24
I have the same stinking thing and it drives me bonkers. Is your neck sore too? You very well could have pulled a Pec muscle. Still go see your Dr. I have had I don't know how many EkGs and blood test and they always turn up normal. The Dr even check for clots and found nothing. So I just try to chalk it up to muscle fatiuge. Some people me included hold their chest up. Over here we call it bowing up. It's something you do to poke your chest out when angry and about to fight. For some reason over time my body learned to stay like this always ready for the sh!t to hit the fan.

worrier98
03-12-15, 17:17
How is your diet? Tea's, Coffee's, soft drinks, foods?

I do drink tea and coffee, mainly tea. I barely have soft drinks, my diet is relatively healthy.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Pain as you're describing when related to the heart is only due to blockages. Having blocked arteries at age 17 is basically unheard of. I'd be willing to bet anything it's not your heart but see your doctor just to be on the safe side, more because the pain obviously isn't normal and you should try and get to the bottom of it. It is most likely is anxiety, though.

A few months ago I was convinced I had a blood clot in my leg. I've never had pain, but as soon as I started believing there could be something wrong, I started getting pains. Sharp pains, aches, shooting pains. I eventually got over it and forgot about it and haven't had any pain since.

The power of the mind is crazy.

I went to see my doctor yesterday who when I told her my symptoms she said it doesn't add up and is putting it down to something muscular skeletal. She doesn't think it's anything related to my heart which is good news! It doesn't feel like anything muscular to be honest but now I'm feeling more reassured I'm hoping it will ease and go away. :)

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

I have that feeling myself in the past, but nothing came of it luckily.

Do you sleep on your left side?

That's good news! + I do sleep on my left side, when I wake up in the morning my whole left side is always very uncomfortable. I told my doctor this but she didn't seem concerned.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

I have the same stinking thing and it drives me bonkers. Is your neck sore too? You very well could have pulled a Pec muscle. Still go see your Dr. I have had I don't know how many EkGs and blood test and they always turn up normal. The Dr even check for clots and found nothing. So I just try to chalk it up to muscle fatiuge. Some people me included hold their chest up. Over here we call it bowing up. It's something you do to poke your chest out when angry and about to fight. For some reason over time my body learned to stay like this always ready for the sh!t to hit the fan.

My neck seems to be okay. My doctor won't refer me for any tests which I think is due to my age and the fact that I've not had any problems in the past. I do have quite bad posture which might be a factor? I'll try poking my chest out haha!

Jherron
04-12-15, 02:06
And I just realized your a girl so poking your chest out might be a bad idea lol

worrier98
04-12-15, 18:17
hahahah true! maybe not such a good idea...