PDA

View Full Version : Mole went from normal to scabby in a matter of days

SW_Pat
02-12-15, 04:00
Had a light brown, flat, round and just normal looking mole. I've had it as long as I can remember and it was one of the ones I didn't really worry about. I'm not sure if I scratched it or irritated it, but a few days ago it became all scabby. It then became a little raised and a few minutes ago just popped and bled a little bit. I keep hearing scabby and bleeding as huge signs. I'm pretty nervous about it. Anyone have any experience or advice about this? Please and thanks.

uru
02-12-15, 07:29
I had a bleeding mole removed...huge anxiety. Was sure it was cancer.

It wasn't.

I'd probably just been scratching.

About 10 years later I had a mole wit a scab on it. Went to the doctors and he, much to my embarrassment, just picked the scab off.

He told me to take photos with cell phone and come back if it got larger or changed shape.

daisyflower
02-12-15, 09:40
One of mine did this a few days ago too, a mole I'd never noticed before. I presume I'd scratched it without knowing but am just keeping an eye on it but won't let myself dwell on it so making a pact with myself that I will only have a quick look once a week.

Jamesk
02-12-15, 09:57
I had this back in September - sounds exactly the same to be honest.

Obviously I can't tell you it's nothing becasue I am not a doctor, but in my case I worried myself sick for weeks before I finally went to see my doctor. He took one look and stated categorically that it wasn't even a mole it was a seborrhoeic wart which looks completely different and it is perfectly normal for the tops of these to scab off and maybe bleed a little. All perfectly benign and nothing to worry about.

As I say I can't tell you that this is what your is but I worried myself to death for weeks about it all for nothing. Go and see your doctor and hopefully he will put your mind at rest, but if it is anything else potentially more worrying at least he can then get started on sorting it out.