PDA

View Full Version : DVT

lclight89
02-12-15, 05:59
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and this is my first post, so I hope it's in the right place.
I suffer from really bad health anxiety, and I'm currently freaking out that I may have DVT.
I went to New York on 11/15 (only a 2 hour drive), and walked around a lot while I was there for the day. While I was walking around the back of my knee started to hurt really bad. I came home, and the next morning when I woke up the back of my knee, my calf, and my ankle hurt really bad, and I couldn't turn my ankle to the right. I went to the ER and asked for an ultrasound which was negative for DVT. It's over half a month later, and my left leg still isn't normal. My ankle is totally fine now, and my calf doesn't hurt much at all, but when I walk for longer than a few minutes I get the pain behind my knee, and now my thigh is hurting too. The veins in my thigh on that leg are also a bit more visible that the other leg. I have no redness, warmth, swelling, or discoloration.

I'm really nervous that I have dvt and they missed it, or it wasn't big enough to pick up at the time, and it's getting worse now. Am I over reacting? Should I be worried about this?

lclight89
02-12-15, 15:57
Does anyone know anything about this? Please help.

Fishmanpa
02-12-15, 16:15
All I know is if you were tested and it was negative then you're good, especially after a month and a half. If it was a DVT, you would know it by now. If you're still experiencing discomfort, book an appointment with your GP to have your leg looked at.

Positive thoughts

Njoy704
03-12-15, 05:02
Hi. I'very had the same exact symptoms as you. Turned out I had bursitis in my hips which affected my lower leg. I also sprained my ankle which made me limp. Limping always messes up a lot of things. We're you limping when you hurt your ankle?