PDA

View Full Version : Newcoming hypochondriac

DanielJay
02-12-15, 09:32
Howdy, folks. Daniel here, or Sven if you prefer. I'm 23, live in the actual middle of nowhere (sometimes known as Wyoming), aspire to be a published author, and might very well be the worst hypochondriac ever to walk the Earth.

For some backstory, I have a storied history of strange and basically idiosyncratic health problems, which I inevitably manage to blow out of all proportion when they crop up. Perhaps more pressingly, I also almost certainly have some form of depression. Compounding this, I have family histories of serious medical problems on both sides of my family - specifically, autoimmune and psychological disorders on my mom's half and diabetes all throughout my dad's - and, as a result, I have a tendency to let my mind wander into the worst possible places, usually with the stalwart help of every hypochondriac's worst enemy, Google. As of this writing, I'm still in the throes of one of my worst health anxiety attacks yet, which is what brought me here in the first place.

So, yeah. Long story short, I'm a keyboard-wielding literary cowboy with a serious, serious Google problem and a semi-desperate need for more rational minds to pull me out of my latest rut. Needless to say, you'll be seeing more of me very soon on the health anxiety board, but until that time, I look forward to talking with you all.

Peace and peaceful minds,
Daniel

venusbluejeans
02-12-15, 09:37
Hiya DanielJay and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

CoraB
02-12-15, 14:13
Hey there :-)

Love your writing style you can tell you are a wannabe author! My family history sounds similar to yours and, again, i think is the basis of most of my health concerns.

Look forward to seeing you on the health anxiety pages which I am frequenting a hell of a lot at the moment.