PDA

View Full Version : is this anxiety?

M311Y
02-12-15, 15:39
Hi there

I have been suffereing with constant pins and needles on my feet/hands/lips for the last 2 years or so and a centralized headache with brain tingling attached but not constant this :)

i have had everything checked up with docs everything is fine even went to see a neurologist last week and got the all clear but he did mention there is a possability of small fiber neuropathy but thought could be also anxiety , didnt get much time with him though which is a shame as thinking now of lots of questions i could fire at him , hence im here,

anyways my question is can this all be caused by anxiety ? seems really far out....

cheers

Movielife
02-12-15, 16:00
Hi there

I have been suffereing with constant pins and needles on my feet/hands/lips for the last 2 years or so and a centralized headache with brain tingling attached but not constant this :)

i have had everything checked up with docs everything is fine even went to see a neurologist last week and got the all clear but he did mention there is a possability of small fiber neuropathy but thought could be also anxiety , didnt get much time with him though which is a shame as thinking now of lots of questions i could fire at him , hence im here,

anyways my question is can this all be caused by anxiety ? seems really far out....

cheers

Believe me, we all come here and think 'how the HELL can anxiety in our brain do this'. I still don't understand it, but I know it does....basically huge amounts of adrenaline and the after effects of anxious events can lead to what you are feeling.

SO glad you've been checked out. You are basically in a good place! Just try to relax and see what you think can be done CBT wise to assist and lower your anxiety.

Physical symptoms do linger for a while as well, and worrying about the symptoms of it makes them come back!

M311Y
02-12-15, 16:19
cool thanks for the reply , yeah seems mental all of this and I'm definitely not short of adrenaline lol !! have thought about cbt will check more about that also will be reading up a lot on here , seems like a good place to be