PDA

View Full Version : Now worried about P.E in lung

GirlAfraid23
02-12-15, 19:34
As some of you may have read in previous posts, I have had rib/chest and back pains for a few weeks now following a bad cough.
It got worse last night when I felt something pop in my back.

Anyway the pain around my front/side ribs is still present, sharp when I breathe in and when I cough.

I went back to doctors today, she listened to my chest and it was clear...she took my oximeter level on finger and it was 98%.
The first thing she mentioned was the possibility of a blood clot, this of course sent my anxiety soaring. I thought it was more muscular due to the strain of coughing.

She said its unlikely to be a blood clot but now I feel short of breath - feels like anxiety breathing though but can't be sure.

Lifelonganxiety!
02-12-15, 20:07
Well what did she actually say though? I doubt she would have let you just walk out if she thought you had a dangerous blood clot.

GirlAfraid23
02-12-15, 20:28
Well what did she actually say though? I doubt she would have let you just walk out if she thought you had a dangerous blood clot.

She said that kind of pain could be caused by a blood clot but she doubts it's that because it came on after the cough and surely if my oxygen levels were fine too?
She said come back if any breathlessness or coughing up blood etc.

Lifelonganxiety!
02-12-15, 20:40
Sounds about right. Just keep treating it for the muscle pain. I know it really hurts, but unfortunately that's just the way it can be sometimes.

GirlAfraid23
02-12-15, 21:22
Would my oxygen level be lower if it was a P.E?

Lifelonganxiety!
02-12-15, 21:42
I would presume so, yes. 98% is absolutely fine.

GirlAfraid23
02-12-15, 21:43
It's usually always 99% but I guess one percent out isn't much to worry about. X

Lifelonganxiety!
02-12-15, 21:57
Nope, I've been down to 93% before and I'm still here!