PDA

View Full Version : Work giving me anxiety

Chocolateface
02-12-15, 21:25
Hi

I am new to this site but feel so anxious I am just going to jump in and start with my anxiety.

Long story short I work with a guy who started with us back in January, I used to do my job on my own but a new manager decided there needed to be two of us. There isn't really the work to support two people I have always felt this but never voiced it.

Our manager also only joined us in May last year and she is a 'hands on' person who likes things done her way and often relies on others telling her what needs to be done.

I love my job and the company I work for but feel I will lose my job. This has stemmed from my manager having two informal chats with me about things and in the last one threatened with hr but didn't say what would happen. I now stress about everything at work as I feel any mistakes I make will be used as a way to get rid of me.

My manager has been on holiday for 3 weeks and returned this week so we had a catch up today. She wanted to know why I am busy when my colleague complains he isn't so I explained that it is because she gave me a project to work on as I had spare capacity. She also asked if I talk to my colleague and I said only when I need to as he has personal hygiene issues which make me nauseaus (other staff members have also complained on this too).

I am now in a state as I don't want to lose my job there or move on but I can't go on like this. No-one fully knows the extent of my anxiety issues as I am a private person who doesn't like opening up to others (I will do on here as I have a screen to hide behind).

Would be grateful for any tips on how to leave the office at the office and enjoy family life again at home.

Thanks for reading

Clare

Chocolateface
03-12-15, 19:09
Well things were slightly better today, my manager was more friendly towards me and I forced myself to talk to my colleague. I also spent lunch with two other friends there and they complained about how they are being treated too, so it is comforting in a way to know it is not just me

Clare

uru
03-12-15, 20:08
Glad to hear you're feeling better today. :) why don't you go to HR and have a word with them. Tell them that you're a bit worried you might be being pushed out or something.

Chocolateface
03-12-15, 20:20
Hi

I have thought of that but don't want it to get back to my manager in case it makes things worse or they try to blame me for stuff. All i basically want is to feel happy there again and not so anxious,

Thanks for replying to me, it means a lot to know someone somewhere is thinking of me

Clare

Varjak
04-12-15, 20:04
Hey,
Work is making me anxious too so you're not the only one don't worry.
I've spent the last three evenings crying because I feel like I'm not good enough to work there and that everyone looks down on me/doesn't like me and just wants me to leave. I just feel like I have no place there and I just want to leave but I have bills and rent to pay.

uru
04-12-15, 20:53
Anytime :)

Do you think HR would tell her?