PDA

View Full Version : Please! Can anybody help me?

Suzana357
03-12-15, 16:38
Hello, is there anyone who suffered from hyperosmia - very strong sense of smell?
I'm new here and it's good to know I'm not the only one preoccupied with health issues... Can someone possibly tell me if they had/have hyperosmia and is it getting better with time and proper medication? I'm ready to do whatever it takes to get back to normal and stop feeling like a hunting dog... I can't leave my home, because even the second hand smoke and car pollution is killing me. Not to mention how I feel when s.o. wearing too much parfume gets near me... I don't know what to do. My doc prescribed Fluanxol and Remirta to treat me for depression. My family thinks I'm overreacting and there is no problem at all with my sense of smell. They are sure I just need to calm down and everything will be fine. As for me I lost any hope to return to my normal state. Any help and support is highly appreciated.

Suzana357
05-12-15, 21:08
Is there anybody else in this forum with hightened sense of smell?

uru
05-12-15, 23:57
Sorry...I don't have that

hopeful927
06-12-15, 07:52
I don't have that either but I was wondering if you have had this for a long time or is it just developing into an issue. Have you tried seeing a psychologist? May be a better place to start than a Dr.

Suzana357
06-12-15, 10:47
Hi guys,
You're so lucky you don't have this... The problem is for real, I've had it for almost 6 months already. I was waiting for it to solve by itself, but no way - it got worst instead! I can smell everything and this smell is very strong, it gives me headaches, etc. Especially parfumes, oil, soaps and cleaning products are a big issue. Tomorrow I'm going to be examined with a machine called olfactometer, hopefully they'll help. :unsure:

Elen
06-12-15, 11:24
I don't suffer from this but do have a search through the forum as it would appear to be very common.