PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutter that lasted 10 seconds ? Scared

Kittymufc1972
03-12-15, 18:47
I do have heart palpitations daily, the usual flutter or thud but today I had a flutter that stayed and lasted about 10seconds or more I have never felt this before and have had GAD for 10 years.. help!! I recently had an ECG and it was normal

mark84
03-12-15, 19:04
I think you're probably fine, it's likely just a big adrenaline release, you know one flutter causes a bit of panic and that releases adrenaline which makes the heart flutter more etc. Anything notable would have shown up on your ECG I'm sure :)

Kittymufc1972
03-12-15, 20:29
Thanks mark84 �� I'm a lot more anxious with this as my dad had atrial fibrillation and he died of a stroke only 14 mths ago :(

Thomas1
04-12-15, 13:09
Hi,

I have had the same for years. I am a 30 year old male and stay fit.

Mine feel like a sudden flutter/spasm/pressure/thud than takes my breath away sometimes and makes me go light headed for few moments.

Mine usually lasts a second or 2 but have had bad episodes lasting 10 seconds, scariest thing in the world!

I have finally accepted I have anxiety rather than a heart problem. It took 3 cardiologists and god knows how many GP visits but I'm getting there.

I am now dealing with all day lighthead and off balance with ches tightness. All anxiety I am told, but just can't accept how a mental issue makes you feel this wierd!

I have been having these for years and still here but feel your pain.

Aaahhfreakout
06-12-15, 10:32
I get the same thing, turned out to be runs of premature atrial contractions. Alarming but harmless. Just an irritated part of the heart that fires many times in a row instead of once or twice like usual.