PDA

View Full Version : could i be celiac

gregcool
03-12-15, 20:36
Hi guys...iv been very suspicious for some time now about this....sometimes when i eat wheat esp bread i feel more anxiety afterwards..iv hsd this for a long time now and have read up that if you are and eat the wrong foods you can get more anxiety...the reason why im posting now is because iv been having a good day today,which is unusual for me,then at 7pm i cooked soft boiled eggs and toast,then aoon after eating it,my good feeling that iv had all day,disapeard and i felt flat and anxious...can i buy a test to see or can i goto the doctors..is this pos for this to happen

LucyR
03-12-15, 22:54
Hi,

Yes It is called gluten intolerant. I have a relative who has this and he doesn't eat bread and he tells me it is not good for me. I should think the doctor could do a test on you for it.

pulisa
04-12-15, 08:56
There is a specific blood test for coeliac disease but you would have other symptoms including anaemia and stomach problems. Do you have any family members with it as it can be hereditary?

uru
04-12-15, 09:52
Hi,

Celiac free stuff is everywhere at the moment so people like us are of course thinking...maybe that's the problem.

The truth is it probably isn't any more likely than lactose intolerance before it and peanut allergies before that.

Go and get a blood test. Then you'll know :)

gregcool
04-12-15, 10:17
Dsnt run in the family as far as i know...its just my anxiety sparks off after certain foods and just had me thinking..ill get a test done at the doctors..thanks

cjemc
04-12-15, 15:11
Hi guys...iv been very suspicious for some time now about this....sometimes when i eat wheat esp bread i feel more anxiety afterwards..iv hsd this for a long time now and have read up that if you are and eat the wrong foods you can get more anxiety...the reason why im posting now is because iv been having a good day today,which is unusual for me,then at 7pm i cooked soft boiled eggs and toast,then aoon after eating it,my good feeling that iv had all day,disapeard and i felt flat and anxious...can i buy a test to see or can i goto the doctors..is this pos for this to happen

There's a guy on this forum called Shakey1961. I would recommend getting in touch with him ASAP.

He has mentioned Anxiety and Bread Madness (coeliac) before in many posts and he was in contact without me throughout 2013 trying to help me.

I would advise contacting him for more information as he is highly educated in this subject.

apm
04-12-15, 16:02
Speak to your GP- there is a blood test that they can do. I does run in families, but not always (my wife's mother is, and all of her siblings, by for my wife's generation some have it some don't).

Hope that helps!

Alex.