PDA

View Full Version : Dear diary

Emma1027
03-12-15, 21:42
I had a stage of not eating properly so I lost weight because of the stress. Once I got a new job I started eating meals again and put a little weight back on. I saw how thin I got but now see myself as too thin and I guess get obsessed about my figure. I have reassurance from loved ones that I am a healthy weight and have nothing to worry about yet feel I am too thin now. I don't really want to trouble the doctors or over worry about it. I guess I've been a little off food recently but I think that's been down to the stress at work. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Oosh
04-12-15, 13:51
Yep. I had two big periods of worry in the past year over a health issue and a website/business issue. It's incredible how many calories brain power can use up. I lost a stone.

Look up your healthy body weight online and just make sure you're in that range. Then try not to look too deeply into it anymore. Sometimes these things are just another thing to focus our neurotic thinking on. Try and recognise that. See that sometimes it's not the actual issue its the general feeling of wanting to focus anxiously on things.

Healthy body weight range.
"The numbers add up, I'm fine"
Get your mind off it like ideally you would with any subject you're negatively over focusing on.

It's important to keep taking on calories when you're worrying, starting new jobs etc etc

apm
04-12-15, 16:06
During my last bout of GAD, I lost about a stone in 6 weeks. I just wasn't interested in eating, and would force myself to eat a piece of fruit for example. I could do with losing a few pounds, but not like that!