PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and panic getting in the way of relationship

Siriusasdirt
04-12-15, 02:30
I just got into a relationship, but I suffer from pretty bad anxiety, hypochondria, depression, and low self esteem. I really like this girl and being around her is my new favorite thing. However, I just feel jealous with people liking her posts on social media or just paranoid a bit when i'm not with her. She has a long term ex that concerns me. Trust issues in a general sense. I have a background of getting screwed over in my past relationship where I got a raw deal but that was 3 years ago. I just don't feel good enough sometimes or not attractive enough. We've been seeing each other for months but just now decided to be a couple. I feel like i'm going to screw it up, get screwed over and it would just break me or something. My anxiety has been okay but it gets so bad sometimes with all these fears,and uncertainties. Any advice?

Fishmanpa
04-12-15, 02:48
Well... truth be told, unless you get a grip on the low self esteem issues, this is gonna bite you in the tush.

Having been through some rough relationships in my time, including being on the receiving end of infidelity, I do understand what you're feeling. That being said, after a particularly tough time, I worked on myself for a while until I was confident enough not to worry about these types of issues. Of course, my experience also taught me to recognize red flags and trust my gut when it came to suspicions.

Feeling as you do, just be careful not to self-sabotage yourself.

Positive thoughts

Siriusasdirt
04-12-15, 02:57
No, I agree. I'm not naive to needing to fix my low self esteem and have been but it's like this new pressure of being a couple with someone again where I have to have complete blind faith and hope that they like me as much as they say. I just naturally expect the worst for so expect reason

Jherron
04-12-15, 05:58
Brother I thought the same as you always thinking the worst. Funny though half of what I thought my ex was doing turned out true. Your just making yourself suffer, let it go and be happy that you have your girl. Don't get caught up in trying to make her yours and yours only. If it's God's will man it'll work out. If this is meant to be then talk to her about your feelings. If she brushes it off then you deserve better. My brother there is truly more to us than an outward appearance. Hey Fishmanpa what chapter in ecclesiastes is your signature in?

Fishmanpa
04-12-15, 12:41
Hey Fishmanpa what chapter in ecclesiastes is your signature in?

It's actually a synopsis/paraphrase of King Solomon's words from various chapters. Wise indeed :)

Positive thoughts