PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely f***ed

nemoanon
04-12-15, 03:54
I've never posted on a site like this before, but I feel like I'm going nuts. I have had agoraphobia, social phobia and depression for 11 years. I left school because of it. My sister did the exact same 5 years before. We have masses of relatives, not one of whom gives a f***. We have no one.

Problem is, our parents are abusers and we are trapped. We're locked in a cycle of abuse and fear. I desperately want a job and friends and a life, but I can see no way out.

My dad (if I can call him that) is a psychopath and he emotionally and financially abuses me, my sister and my mum. Occasionally, if we've been good girls, we get physical abuse too. In front of anyone else he's an angel.
I don't know what my mum is, but she doesn't seem to give a s***. I don't know if she was always like this, but I do know she was abused herself as a child. I think that's why my dad married her. Anyway, now she takes an active part in the abuse. Her speciality is gaslighting.

I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't tell someone, but I don't see how I can. There's no help - you are expected to get out yourself. How can I? I'm too scared to answer the f***ing door. I don't think anyone will believe me.

If I do tell someone, they have to report it, don't they? Which means getting the police involved. They are not going to believe us over him, full stop. And then my dad will know what I've done and the problem will get about a billion times worse.

I feel desperate/angry/frustrated/scared. I am shaking just writing this. Sorry for the ranting/raving.

PS Am I allowed to swear here? I really want to swear.

venusbluejeans
04-12-15, 04:01
Hiya nemoanon and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

uru
04-12-15, 05:03
That sounds awful! Can't you talk to child services or call childline? They may be able to help

nemoanon
06-12-15, 16:09
Thanks for replying:) I can't call anyone at the moment because of the social phobia. I'm trying to get my head together so I can leave, but I really don't know where I'd go.

I feel like everything I've said is really negative and I don't mean to come across that way - I was the polar opposite when I was a kid. Psychopaths and depression kinda suck all the sunshine out of your life.

Mochalavigne
07-12-15, 03:04
Where do you live? Please trust me in saying that people will believe you. Please tell someone. If not for you, for your sister. You've made a great first step writing here. I encourage you to go further, and end the cycle. Only then can you truly get help.

nemoanon
08-12-15, 09:26
I think I'm going to try and tell my doctor. I was thinking of going to a womens refuge, but I just read somewhere that they turn away about a 100 people A DAY. I had no idea. :(

uru
10-01-16, 09:31
How are you doing now?