PDA

View Full Version : Can Reflux be Life long and you have good and bad days despite meds?

jarmummy123
04-12-15, 16:31
Ive been on 40mg Omeprazole for 3 weeks, one tablet morning and one before tea............. it has improved and Ive noticed certain foods upset me more than others........... Some days I have no issues then other days, like last night I felt slight discomfort but nothing compared to how it was before I started the meds. Omeprazole has reduced the bloating, wind and severe soreness. My Dr wants me to take them for 8 weeks then review how I am. Is it normal to have good and bad days even on meds?

Fishmanpa
04-12-15, 16:43
"Can Reflux be Life long and you have good and bad days despite meds?"

I've had reflux since I can remember. I've been on Pantoprazole for 3 years and have had barely a niggle. Prior to that it was Zantac 2x a day and eating tums by the handful sometimes. I imagine I'll be on them for life and I'm fine with that.

That being said, even with the med, I get occasional heartburn and it's 100% due to certain foods and also when in the day I eat (I can't eat in the evening after 7pm or I pay for it!). I responded to one of your previous threads about this and suggested you keep a food diary. Someone posted about an app for your smart phone too.

This is 100% the way to determine what foods and behaviors aggravate it. Sometimes, with ailments like reflux, we have no real choice but to modify our diet and behaviors to keep things in check.

Positive thoughts

uru
04-12-15, 16:48
yeah it's normal to have good and bad days.

Weirdly my GERD vanishes completely when I am suffering with GAD. If the GAD goes the GERD comes back.