PDA

View Full Version : Polycystic Ovaries - Blood Test

latic
19-02-07, 19:06
Hi guys, I had blood test last monday, as doc suspected I may be suffering with polycystic overies. Had to fast and nurse took 3 lots of blood. Rang for results today, and was told that only one result was back and the others were not in.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/eek.gif Has anybody had this before? Ive had quiet a few blood tests in the last year but the results have always been there and presumed they would be done at the same time. Just getting a bit freaked out by it. Any response be much appreciated. Thank you

jodie
19-02-07, 19:32
hi

im not sure but when i have had bloods the results have come back on diffrent days .i think some take longer than others .
but i think if somthing is wrong they call you as soon as they can they allways have done with me .
jo xx

Quirky
19-02-07, 22:51
Hi there,

I have PCOS and am tested regularly to check my hormones. Don't worry about tests not being back, some of the hormonal ones take longer than other but it doesn't mean anything is wrong with the results.

Take care,

Lisa

Peacheywoo
01-01-08, 17:42
Hi guys, I had blood test last monday, as doc suspected I may be suffering with polycystic overies. Had to fast and nurse took 3 lots of blood. Rang for results today, and was told that only one result was back and the others were not in.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/eek.gif Has anybody had this before? Ive had quiet a few blood tests in the last year but the results have always been there and presumed they would be done at the same time. Just getting a bit freaked out by it. Any response be much appreciated. Thank you

Its nothing to worry about...not all hospital labs can do all blood tests available so some will have been sent away - they can take anything from 7-21 days to come back. Don't forget we've had christmas in the middle too

Janieb
01-01-08, 21:42
yip I have PCOS, nothing to bad fairly common as well. Loads of things you can do besides medication to help there is endless amounts of help on the net like support groups. It's great for hints and tips on what diets to follow and what not.

I am sure the blood tests will come back soon my bloods can take up to several days to be ready. Sure it's nothing bad.

Take care,
Jane

nomorepanic
01-01-08, 22:14
Please note this post is over 10 months old and the member hasn't been on the site for over a year.

Just thought I would save you time replying to her.