PDA

View Full Version : Hello from south east England

ConstantDread1066
05-12-15, 08:48
Hello all, My name is Ben. im 24 years old and live in south east England

I am a residential support worker for people with severe learning disabilities.

I'm not sure what kind of anxiety I have. but I would say that when anything crops up that can be worried about, My mind will obsess and rue over this worry until it is resolved or I forget about it. its quite exhausting

I will be starting a CBT course in anxiety in the near future and at the moment my main worry is that il never recover.

So any reassurance you have for me would be appreciated

Look forward to working with you all

Ben

venusbluejeans
05-12-15, 08:54
Hiya ConstantDread1066 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Yorkshirewife
05-12-15, 09:07
Hi x welcome to the site

uru
05-12-15, 09:34
Hi Ben,

Welcome!
You sound a bit like me. I would say that doing the course would be a really good idea for you.
Is there anything that triggers you particularly,?

ConstantDread1066
05-12-15, 09:53
Hi Ben,

Welcome!
You sound a bit like me. I would say that doing the course would be a really good idea for you.
Is there anything that triggers you particularly,?

I find it hard to even identify any situations or thoughts that cause my anxiety. All i know is i seem to be in a perpetual state of dread or 'angst'

uru
05-12-15, 17:22
So GAD then?