PDA

View Full Version : scared something serious is wrong

louise0501
05-12-15, 11:17
Hello. Yesterday morning i woke up with a sore throat on one side and ear pain on the side which is worse when swallowing. Its seems slightly worse today, ive also got a fever. Anyone had this? I read it could be something called quinsy which is an absess in the back of your throat and im freaking out as that cause breathing problems and can be quite serious. Any ideas what this could be? Can anyone relate? Im just really freaking out.

Please Reply
Lovd Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Traceypo
05-12-15, 11:23
I've suffered ear / throat problems for years, can't tell you the amount of ear infections I've had, I've lost count. Never even heard of the condition you've mentioned but please be assured that there's far more likely possibilities. The ear is connected to the throat via the eustachian tube, this is why it's common to feel pain in both.
Go to your local walk in to rule out ear infection / throat infection. If it's neither of those, it's likely to be viral.
Xxx

uru
05-12-15, 11:35
Could just be anxiety. Quincy usually has visible white absces at the back of your throat. Could also be GERD

daisyflower
05-12-15, 12:40
My uncle had what you mentioned and boy did he know about it, it's not just q pain to swallow, he couldn't swallow. Sounds like you have a normal viral infection, my sore throat always can be felt in my ear. I have it right now as well as full of snot 😷

swgrl09
05-12-15, 19:49
You could just be getting sick ... Ear infection or something.

lindadiana
05-12-15, 20:03
im 57 and my mum had quinsys when I was a little girl,she wasn't very well for a few days but she got over it,and the antibiotics today are way better than they were in the 60s,saying that I think your just panicking,like another post said quinsys is really bad to swallow not like tonlitus,my mum talked about it in later years said it was bad but never said she felt like she couldn't breath,just really bad throat and very hard to swallow

Fishmanpa
05-12-15, 20:21
You could just be getting sick ... Ear infection or something.

Yep... with a fever and those symptoms it sure sounds like it. Might be worth a doctor visit to make sure it's not strep or bacterial.

Positive thoughts