PDA

View Full Version : always think this way when im overwelmed with anxiety?

tricia56
05-12-15, 13:52
When im so overwhelmed with feeling so anxiouse i get so scared of doing anything more so when i know i have to go out and have to use transport to get me there as straight away i go lightheaded my neck starts to hurt badly i feel a reck inside my legs shake and feel weak and beause of all the symtoms and feelings im feeling and feel so overwhelmed and scared of the anxiety straight away i think wat if it goes higher higher and end up ether passing out or even die because it wont come down i know it might sound abit silly to some of you me thinking this way but that's the thought that goes through my head every time, think what in trying to ask is can this happen or is just my belief or just a irrational thought.

Carnation
05-12-15, 14:01
You are not alone Tricia. I am think like that too and the best thing is to try and divert those thoughts in to other things. Remember the facts. You have always returned ok and in one piece and remember this for when you feel that way. :hugs:

uru
05-12-15, 14:19
Well, if it's any consolation, we're all here because of irrational thoughts. Read some other people's posts, I'm sure you'll find them pretty irrational -To you.

It's natural to worry if you feel something is wrong. You just have to tell yourself that anxiety isn't fatal and it's very treatable. :)

Chocolateface
05-12-15, 16:07
Hi

Yes it is normal and it spirals, when you have anxiety the thought you have are real another person may not feel the same but it does not mean it is less real. Try to remember they are just thoughts.

Clare

MyNameIsTerry
06-12-15, 05:26
Yeah, when I was relapsing I was the same with it feeling like it would keep going higher & higher and into some form of panic which would mean me losing control. It never did though, it was just very unpleasant.

Even now in my blips I get this to a lesser extent.

The more you recover, the more this goes away. But intially what you need is techniques to use at that point to try to reduce your anxiety.

tricia56
06-12-15, 12:24
thk you all for bieng so helpful to me. i hope you dont mind me asking but because i dont really fully understand anxiety, the thought about the anxiety getting higher and higher and not be able to come down is not true and nothing bad will happen to you even tho the feelings are very unpleasant and that it will come down eventualy.

MyNameIsTerry
07-12-15, 06:06
Yes, it will come down. It's all adrenaline and your adrenal glands cannot keep pumping such elevated levels unless there is something wrong with them to cause it.

Your body reaches a point where it can't produce any more and reduces output. The result can be that you feel absolutely washed out, something people who have high anxiety attacks and panic attacks will know all too well.

Another issue is that all that adrenaline has to be either excreted (in urine) or metabolised to something else the body needs. This takes time and it's the reason why you remain so agitated for potentially ours after a triggering incident. This is why doing things to encourage it to be metabolised such as exercise or deep breathing are recommended. The alternative is to sit it out and wait for your body to metabolise and/or excrete it.

It can feel like it just isn't going to stop and you fear losing control. You may fear you will run around screaming waving your arms like you had gonhe crazy. Some people find it develops into a panic attack, others (like myself) just feel it plateau and stay there for potentially ages.