PDA

View Full Version : When will I ever learn?

Traceypo
06-12-15, 10:23
Hi, been doing really good lately, so good that I thought I could handle a night out. How wrong was I?
Long story short, too much alcohol does not mix with anxiety. I really need to remember that.
I feel like I've swallowed a golf ball, limbs are shaking and minor palpitations. Rational me knows I've got a hangover, it will pass and it's my own bloody fault.
Irrational me thinks I've got some kind of weird illness that will cause my heart to stop beating.
Need to cling to rational me, cause if I don't it will be a long, scary day which will no doubt end in a trip to the walk in looking foolish!
Xxx

MyNameIsTerry
06-12-15, 10:28
Get plenty of water down you Tracey and help your liver clear it out. Get rehydrated (it could be that) and get some food in you and you will soon pass through the other end.

It's a pain but as you recover you may find you have more of a tolerance for it. If not, you just have to establish your healthy limit and chalk it down to life, I guess.

The important thing to remember is that you have been doing good lately and whilst too much alcohol might have had an impact, how did you get on with the rest of the night? If the answer is that you enjoyed yourself, then thats a big plus. If it was a night of anxiety, it's just something else to work on at some point but you will get there.

Traceypo
06-12-15, 10:40
I had a great night Terry, lots of laughter with very good friends.
Partners making me a bacon sandwich and I'm drinking my orange juice.
I've found that when I have a negative thought, I smile, then weirdly it's not scary.
Got to get the Christmas tree out of the loft soon, so that will either make me or break me!
Xx

MyNameIsTerry
06-12-15, 10:49
Thats the key, no negative reaction and it can't keep going with more negative thoughts! :yesyes:

I'm glad you had a great night out. Thats all that matters.

But now I'm hungry!!! I want a bacon sarnie!!!

Putting up the decs is normally when one of the worst family arguments of the year erupts about where to put them and why someone is putting them up wrong or in the wrong place. It soon blows over though. (thank god!)

Traceypo
06-12-15, 10:59
I know, I'll let the kids do it today then when they're at school tomorrow, I'll do it to my standard ��

pulisa
06-12-15, 11:46
The positive thing is that you went out and had a really good time. You're paying a small price now but overall think of the progress you have made!

Traceypo
06-12-15, 12:21
Thanks Pulisa, it was a good night, I'm now supervising thethe putting up of the Christmas tree from the safety of the sofa.
Xxx

Coppernob
06-12-15, 17:19
Haha - I've done something very similar! I know I need to be careful not to drink much alcohol, especially not near bedtime. So last night we went out with friends, had plenty of wine with the meal, came home and had a large scotch.

Woke horribly early and felt in the depths of despair all morning, and then ended up giving myself a total fright with my usual imagining I'd found a suspicious lump! I know it's not there really, I'm just digging my fingers in - you can find all sorts of lumps that way! If I'd stayed off the sauce it probably wouldn't have happened :mad:

Traceypo
06-12-15, 17:26
I love it when we can laugh at ourselves and have insight into our own behaviours. I've been very careful not to over analyse anything, I've also concluded that my throat is hurting because I never shut up last night and can recall singing Christmas songs very loud rather than some unknown rare life threatening illness.
Xx

Fishmanpa
06-12-15, 19:08
We're decorating too! We even have a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree along with our regular one :D Glad you had a great time. Sorry you're feeling rough around the edges... Remember....

“I never met anyone who gets up out of their bed after a night on the town and says, 'Oh I wish I'd had another drink last night. That would have been a great idea”

― Arthur Mathews

Positive thoughts

Traceypo
06-12-15, 19:17
Very true, so pleased I went straight to bed when I got home.
Love this time of year.