PDA

View Full Version : How do you distract yourself?

laurenmk
06-12-15, 22:03
Was just out to dinner and was laughing with my mouth open wide when my brother spun his wine glass on the table and I heard a small 'crunch'. My HA is telling me a small piece of glass broke off the base of his glass, flew through the air and went straight into my lungs. Irrational? Yes. Scaring the heck out of me and causing me to feel a pain in my chest? Yes.

So what are your tricks for getting your mind off of your troubles?

Fishmanpa
06-12-15, 22:06
Quite honestly and with all due respect, the pure absurdity of that scenario would do it for me. I just can't imagine this even being a remote possibility. As far as tricks? tell that thought to F off!

Positive thoughts

uru
06-12-15, 22:24
I distract myself with this site. I recently discovered it and have posted about 100 times already. It's been a real life saver. Trying to help other people with their problems takes my mind of mine.

laurenmk
06-12-15, 22:41
I distract myself with this site. I recently discovered it and have posted about 100 times already. It's been a real life saver. Trying to help other people with their problems takes my mind of mine.

I find that's helpful for me, too, when my anxiety is milder. But when I'm in throes of an immediate 'threat', it actually makes things worse for me. I wish I could lose myself in a book or television show or something, but just can't stop the obsession.

uru
06-12-15, 22:55
Yeah I'm feeling a bit better today but no quite at the book/ tv stage just yet.

jimsmrs
07-12-15, 13:13
If all else fails, then I come one here.