PDA

View Full Version : Stomach and bowel woes

cersei
07-12-15, 01:09
Hi all,

I've been here quite a bit in the past month with my ongoing stomach issues. I finally thought the dreaded thing had gone, only for it to flare up again last night.

My doctor diagnosed me with excess stomach acid and prescribed omeprazole for 4 weeks. Unfortunately, I was quite ill with a bad cold last week and so my taking of the omeprazole was a little patchy. Weirdly, my stomach seemed to calm down while I had the cold. I started to take the omeprazole once a day like I was supposed to, but I started getting dreadful discomfort in my bowels, like a grumbling and bubbling sensation which I'd never had before. I then had severe pain in my bowels after a movement which honestly felt like a strain. That passed overnight and I haven't had an issue since thankfully. I've started on the omeprazole again today after not taking it for a couple of days, but I'm not sure if it was helping even before I had the cold as I'd been taking it for a week with little improvement.

I'm just concerned about going back to the doctor's as he said if it doesn't clear up I'm likely to have to go for tests. As my bowels are also feeling uncomfortable now (not so much my bowels as my rectum - sorry, tmi!) I am quite worried about what might be going on. He felt all my stomach area and did an internal, so I keep trying to tell myself if there was anything nasty lurking, he'd have found it. My main symptom is that a few hours after eating, I will get a gnawing/hunger like sensation, which becomes dreadfully uncomfortable. So much so it's effecting my sleep and everyday routine. ):

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or able to offer some comforting words? I've been suffering with this since the end of October. Dr. Google has of course told me it's cancer, even though at 22, my doctor tells me it's extremely unlikely.

Sam Winter
07-12-15, 18:40
hey there!
I have been experiencing this problem since last year have been to the doctors numerous times and they weren't able to identify what it was apart from them fearing it was appendicitis as it moved over the right abdomen sometimes, like three times they worried, I even got sent up the hospital but everything came back fine, its been here for such a long time that the only comfort I had is knowing it can't be serious as I've had it for so long lol I'm glad to know I ain't the only one but I'm sad to hear you have to deal with it, you should be okay I really don't see it being cancer especially as I have the same thing and I'm much younger then you, I hope you find an answer one of these days and that it goes away
all the best X

nomorepanic
07-12-15, 18:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.