PDA

View Full Version : pulsating stomach/ab area is this AAA

scorpion91
07-12-15, 01:13
I'm unsure if I'm having a panic attack or some sign of a AAA. I feel some palpitation/pulsating feeling on my stomach/ab area for a while. I have been to a doc for palpitations in May, the doc gave me a echo-cardio and holter and it had tachy with anxiety.

Though for the past few months in the fall, I've had some pulsations around my chest, stomach/ab area and other areas. I did get some panic attack symptoms. I do take hydroxzine 25mg. I'm 24. I'm just worried about having a AAA. I did get an echo-cardio but I don't know if they pick up AAA.

Danielle87
08-12-15, 11:37
I've had the same problem, was convinced the pulse in my stomach (around the belly button area) was AAA. It felt like a hard ball in my abdomen, and I often get discomfort there. I suffer from health anxiety / panic disorder so naturally I always assume the worst. I also suffer with gastro problems - turns out the bloating in my abdomen is a digestive problem, and the pulse is perfectly normal, especially if you're on the slimmer side.

Try not to worry, or go to the gp if you're still really concerned.

mill6tee7
09-12-15, 09:44
Could be your vagus nerve over reacting due to anxiety, does it feel like a palpitations just under tour rib cage?, I get that sometimes

Leslie735
09-12-15, 13:25
You do have a pulse in the center of your abdomen. When I lay on my back or lean back in a chair I can see my stomach moving with my heart beat.

iwantpeace
10-12-15, 14:33
fit people tend to have pulse in their abdomen, the pulse comes from the Aorta.if you are relatevly skinny and u dont have a huge belly then you are able to feel it. thats what my doctors said, i have it too.
echo would have showed if it was AAA.