PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my teeth

Whinges1994
07-12-15, 05:28
Hi… I am worried about my teeth.I am addicted to tea and pastries. My teeth has become yellow and I hardly floss my teeth.I had Hep -C , 4 months ago. Will the medications be a reason for my teeth to turn yellow? My family dentist says that after eating a sugary meal, sugars stick to the tooth surface and attract bacteria, creating plaque. These bacteria create inflammation in the gums that can cause gingivitis and periodontitis. And as the bacteria digest the sugars, they release acids that erode away the tooth structure, causing cavities. One of my tooth has decayed and and I have extracted it 2 months before. I am planning to have an Implant dental surgery in Thornhill Smile Centre probably by the end of next month. But I am worried about my oral health. What is the basic oral hygiene methods that should be practiced before a surgery?

Chocolateface
07-12-15, 06:34
Hi

I too have anxiety over my teeth. Try to cut out sugary snacks or only have them with a meal, (I should practise whst I preach here) avoid crisps too as they can be bad.

For basic oral hralth I daily clean and use a mouthwash.

Hope it all goes ok

Clare

Pepperpot
07-12-15, 13:16
if you aren't a fan of flossing, have you tried a water picker? http://www.boots.com/en/Waterpik-Ultra-Water-Flosser-WP120UK_1411626/?cm_mmc=bmm-_-google-_-PLAs-_-Boots%20Shopping%20-%20Category%20-%20Electrical%20Beauty