PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to calm down anxiety and DP/DR

BrokenAge
07-12-15, 06:00
Hi, I'm 16 and I've had anxiety for about 2 years know. 2 years to know that I hate living this way. I hate having these fears all the time. My anxiety was triggered by smoking too much pot. It wasn't laced I just smoked a good amount. While I was high I had a panic attack and Google everything in the book. Freaked myself out even more and ever since then I've been anxious. Not severely, I've gone quite some time without being anxious or having DP/DR. When I'm preoccupied with something I feel normal and happy again but when I dwell on it I get freaked out. My anxiety was nothing to minimal this summer but once school started back up (I'm home schooled) I haven't been getting out of the house as much. I had a bad panic attack were I thought I was going insane. I was telling myself that this is it I finally lost it. My biggest anxious fear is going crazy and everytime I feel disconnected from my life I worry that I'm going crazy. I know it's Irational and can't happen but it seems so scary. I just want to know how to get rid of the DP/DR feeling. It's scary. Counseling did wonders and I wish I could go back but I can't as of right now so I just need to rant on this a little lol. Any replies are appreciated.

uru
07-12-15, 08:30
I had a bad anxiety attack related to pot when I was a kid. Wonder if that has anything to do with how I am now?