PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fear conditions that make them miserable with no cures/treatments?

Leslie735
07-12-15, 14:43
That is my biggest fears! Conditions/diseases that cause terrible symptoms and make you miserable but there is no cures/no or barely any treatments. I use to fear interstitial cystitis for that very reason and my most recent fear is PGAD or RGS. I totally panic over it! :(

uru
07-12-15, 14:57
Sounds like a description of anxiety itself.

Leslie735
07-12-15, 15:05
Urusainaa: Yea no doubt! That is a great description of anxiety, health anxiety for sure.

But I'm talking about syndromes, diseases, and conditions more than anxiety.

Leslie735
08-12-15, 13:22
Anyone else?

Fishmanpa
08-12-15, 14:37
Without naming ailments and risking triggering anyone, isn't that one of the most common theme among all HA sufferers?

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
08-12-15, 15:25
I mean conditions that don't actually take your life but leave you miserable.

Fishmanpa
08-12-15, 17:06
I mean conditions that don't actually take your life but leave you miserable.

Again... isn't that what many fear? Even things like a degenerative disc problem can cause chronic back pain and it's not always curable, even with surgery. I suffer from the side effects of cancer treatment (and they're miserable for sure!). There is no cure. I just deal with it. There are many ailments from minor to severe that can cause chronic "incurable" issues but there are none that I know of that cannot be treated in some manner.

Bottom line is worrying about it won't solve anything. We deal with the hand that's dealt to us. What other choice is there?

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
08-12-15, 17:43
You're right, no need to worry but its hard sometimes. Those situations are my biggest fears.