PDA

View Full Version : Another day. Another dollar....

Justinian
07-12-15, 18:41
I've gotten flirting with another assistant at our workplace. I'm gonna ask her what time she finishes next time we're both in. I might suggest perhaps we go for a coffee or something (and I'll stress that what I mean by "having a coffee" isn't a euphemism for staying at mine, having sex all night and then having coffee in the morning, just so we don't get our wires crossed). She's Asian and slightly younger than me but she's a Westernised, non-overtly religious Asian. She mostly initiates and becomes all coy, lash-fluttering and self-conscious when she talks to me. Does anyone think office romances are a good idea if one party is severely mentally unwell? Any suggestions and/or advice is welcome.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I'd also like to ask her during any future conversations, as nonchalantly as possible, whether she has any very protective religious-extremist brothers, but I'm not sure I could steer the conversation that way without making my concerns too obvious.

Crystalhiggs
07-12-15, 18:55
Haha, great post! You don't sound severely mentally unwell, assuming you were referring to yourself and not said lash fluttering, Asian colleague!

I would perhaps start with a coffee & get to know her a bit :winks: before you move onto her family's religious inclinations! :)

Thanks for making me laugh! :D

Justinian
07-12-15, 20:10
I'm a little reserved, but not weirdly so, more mysteriously broody. I'm capable and keen on small talk occasionally, but I think that my slim-bordering-on-skinny work trousers, tousled-but-alluringly-parted hair (like I'm looking good without trying) and elegant, always-polished shoes with leather outer soles have inflamed her passions unwittingly. Perhaps also my natural charisma and charm has interested her. I just can't be sure. And thanks, Crystal, for your kind compliments.

uru
07-12-15, 20:31
I'd make sure she is interested before diving in for coffee because you're gonna have to work with her.

Justinian
07-12-15, 20:37
I'd make sure she is interested before diving in for coffee because you're gonna have to work with her.

Um, I suppose so. But what harm can a coffee after work do? It doesn't mean anything necessarily.

uru
08-12-15, 17:29
Um, I suppose so. But what harm can a coffee after work do? It doesn't mean anything necessarily.

You don't ask people out for coffee unless you're interested. You can say 'it's just coffee' which is the point of coffee, but it isn't just coffee.

Justinian
08-12-15, 18:09
You don't ask people out for coffee unless you're interested. You can say 'it's just coffee' which is the point of coffee, but it isn't just coffee.

Well, she's interested. But I think the honourable thing would be for me to ask her out.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Anyway, I just took a large dose dissociative/hallucinogenic agent (mixed with Coke) and two 1 mg flunitrazepams, so I'll be visiting Nod's Land soon. I hope to dream about my prospective, exotic princess-to-be, or at least not not die from swallowing my own vomit. Good night, campers!

Crystalhiggs
08-12-15, 18:43
Totally bonkers, but in a fun way! :)

Sweet dreams!

Justinian
11-12-15, 10:38
I hope I 'bonker'...

Justinian
11-12-15, 20:17
More dissociative/hallucinogenic/deliriant substance and two flunnies again, because I'm teetotal... and Friday night telly is crap.