PDA

View Full Version : Cough for 6 weeks

rebeccad
07-12-15, 20:30
Has anybody had a cough that lasted about 6 weeks ? It's just tickly cough and I've tried all sorts of medicine ! I keep hearing that advert in my head that you should go Drs for you've had it for longer than 2 weeks and I'm so worried, I didn't really have a cold juSt a sniffle and then it started , I keep waking up hot , not sweating or ringing wet but just hot are these night sweats ? I'm 36 and don't smoke zx

Mindknot
08-12-15, 11:19
Yeah, I had one, and tbh I think it was caused by anxiety... but it eventually cleared up - I got a steam inhaler thingy, and used that a few times to ease up my sinuses - also broncho stop pastilles helped a lot. If it really feels tickly and not rib-shaking chesty or painful in your chest, then I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about & likely that if you go to the doctors they will just send you away again.

Being hot at night is more likely because the weather has been extremely mild for this time of year, you'd know if you'd been sweating, everything gets wet.

Don't stress on this one.

Humly
08-12-15, 11:28
I had a tickly cough for months a few years ago following a cold. I did go to the docs and ended up firstly with an inhaler, then a chest xray and then a referal to a consultant at the hopsital. There was nothing wrong with me and the doc said this just happens sometimes and the anxiety about it made it worse. After that visit the cough went away.

I only had these things done as I made a fuss and kept going back to the doctors. The doctor was not concerned but could see I was worried.

You dont have allergies do you? My mum has allergies and coughs all the time.

If it is going to put your mind at ease go to the doctors. Then once you are reassured, you can stop worrying about it and it will probably just go.