PDA

View Full Version : Body humming, vibrating, etc

aangel
08-12-15, 02:00
It's only it the upper chest and stomach area. I only notice it when I'm sitting and I don't always feel it all the time. My body feels like it humming. The only thing I can really compare it to is how your body feels when it's cold I guess. Has this happened for anyone? Also I don't if it's the anxiety I but I thought I heard a squeaking whistle type noise from body or throat. I could have been hearing things though.

MyNameIsTerry
08-12-15, 04:57
Yes, I've had it from the very beginning of my GAD so 9 years now. Mine is the same, sitting means I feel it but getting up and moving makes it go away straught away.

It's adrenaline. Adrenaline is not only in the adrenal glands, it is in small quantities in the organs too so it could be this but otherwise it's just more adrenaline from the adrenals being circulated.

One member on here described it as the "buzzing bees" which seemed accurate to me. It's like your limbs are shaking or vibrating. It's a very common anxiety symptom and if your anxiety is more of a constant variety, like with GAD, it's one you will probably be familiar with. There have been plenty of threads about it that I have seen so you are far from alone.

I get mine in my lower legs, feet, forearms and hands. However, when more anxious it will appear in the chest and stomach too.

I don't know about the noise you heard, that could be many things I would imagine, and many of them just normal from your airways. Unless it's persistent, it is probably just one of those things our bodies do and you are hyperaware.