PDA

View Full Version : There is always a 'but'

Devonchap
08-12-15, 10:21
Does anyone else do this...

When things are going well and positive, something inside of you pulls you back and you are hit with a 'but....'

For eg.

I am currently sleeping well and normally...instead of feeling like I have turned a corner I have a 'but...what happens when my sleep is crap again as this good spell won't last'

Xmas is coming and I am looking forward to a break...but...'what happens if it's crap, I will be really disapointed'

Work is going well and we are really busy and doing well ...but...'what happens when this good spell dries up'

I find happiness then snatch it away from myself!!

I fear history will repeat itself and relive bad experiences

Dexter73
08-12-15, 10:40
I think thats a common thought process, Anxiety has taught us to think that way - One of the core aims of CBT is to alter the way we think in situations like this.

Glasgowkaren83
08-12-15, 15:51
Think that's completely common with us Anxeity sufferers we can't c the silver lining! But iv decided to b more positive so if I eat something well that's good if I sleep better bonus

kellie39
08-12-15, 16:06
its such a horrible feeling isnt it

its like when i have a good day and i dont want to go to sleep that night incase the next day is horrible

xx

JamesM535
09-12-15, 11:50
Just as Dexter73 said. Don't think this way. Do you meditate? I think you could start doing that to better control your thoughts - especially the ones you've just told us about

jimsmrs
10-12-15, 13:01
Everytime you have a bad thought, you feed the anxiety, if you think more postive, then anxiety goes hungry!!