PDA

View Full Version : Getting over HA

spacebunnyx
08-12-15, 13:03
Hi everyone,

I thought I would post as it's been quite a long time since I've had any health anxiety - I used to be really really bad with panic attacks etc. I haven't had a panic attack in years now and the last "episode of HA" I had was actually for a "real" thing anyway. :blush:

So thought I would share the tips that helped me:

1) Physically write down a list of all the other things your symptoms could be.
2) Stop seeking reassurance from other people. With my GP I put a ban on myself going for two weeks after symptoms started. By the time my appointment came around I'd moved onto something else or was over it. Tell family and friends not to give you reassurance.
3) Stay away from google, if you want to research your symptoms do so on NMP "search" only.
4) Keep a log book of how you're feeling.
5) Try mindfulness
6) Look at your lifestyle. Sometimes stress in one area (work/relationships) can manifest itself as anxiety. I got better when I changed jobs.
7) Eat healthy and exercise a bit - social sport is even better.
8) Chat to people in the real world, meet up with friends, join a group.
9) Take a multivitamin and omega 3 in a rough patch - support your body.
10) Get outside in the fresh air and have sex (not at the same time unless you like that sort of thing! :blush:) but do anything that makes you feel alive.

xxx

uru
08-12-15, 17:10
Hey thanks for this! Some useful advice here.

Mindknot
09-12-15, 11:38
Great list spacebunnyx!

I think everyone has their own little steps that help to improve their HA situation, the key thing is to realise that you can break out of the cycle, but it happens step by step! x