PDA

View Full Version : can this still be anxiety?

kellie39
08-12-15, 16:30
hi
ive never had anxiety like this before so im really confused.

8 weeks ago i got in a right state over a pain in my rib and i ended u at the doctors and she reassured me that it was all ok.
usually this would have calmed me down and i would have been back to myself with in a couple of days but i had got myself in such a state and just couldnt calm down and infact was in bed for 3 weeks constantly panicking and ive very slowly calmed down and managed to function better.
my brain is now calmer but i still have physical symptoms like shaking, looser bowels than normal, slight back ache here and there, not sleeping great and sometime a lump in my throat (usually once ive thought about it) is this normal? is it normal to still have these symptoms even though my brain is calmer? although i do find myself thinking about these symptoms all the time and thinking "is it anxiety" or" is it something else"

im so confused im driving myself crazy.

xx

CoraB
08-12-15, 21:34
Totally been in that state myself and come out the other side with it being just anxiety. I feel like i'm going mad with it all sometimes and then actually losing my mind starts to worry me too. :-(

Mindknot
09-12-15, 12:16
Yes it's normal. I'm going to nick something Fishmanpa wrote here once, but if you imagine your body as an oven and the anxiety is the heat, you've been cooking away and it's going to take some time for your oven to cool down... i.e. for all the imbalance of hormones & chemicals produced by anxiety to rebalance.

Sometimes even an accumulation of minor worries can cause ongoing anxiety symptoms, so don't expect symptoms to immediately stop. But try not to get caught up in them as that can lead you into a worse cycle of symptoms caused by and causing anxiety.

CoraB
09-12-15, 13:38
Love the oven metaphor that helps. I feel like I might be trapped in that cycle of anxiety causing symptoms and then me worrying about them and in turn it fuelling the anxiety. I just can't shake the fear it's something else.

ray.olsen
10-12-15, 22:34
Hey kellie

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, this is all normal for anxiety. The symptoms you mentioned manifests anxiety. You just had a big scare and now your anxiety is at its all time high. I suggest you continue with your treatment procedures.

If ever that you are taking up medication then always remember to take it on the precise moment. Also don't solely depend on the meds if you are up for it here are some additional approaches you can do in dealing with your anxiety.

Have some counseling on the side. Counseling is very beneficial and would provide you with strong coping strategies. It's also a great way to vent out emotions and because it's professionally supervise you can get the best advise and tips in the process.

Reinforce your meds with natural remedies and other alternative medicines. Herbal teas like chamomile and Kava, and nutritional supplements like 5-htp and endoca hemp oil are proven to have good anxiolytic properties that combats anxiety.

Do some self-help along the way. Meditation, mindfulness program, and breathing exercises are some of the most simple self-help methods you should consider in alleviating your anxiety.

These are just some of the many other approaches you can do in handling your anxiety. Anxiety attacks have different variants but can have the same treatment so just follow these procedures with proper monitoring and you'll be okay. :)