PDA

View Full Version : Increase to decrease

nedmcg
08-12-15, 18:15
Hey guys,

So i was on 300mg of pregabalin and it took a lot of the underlying anxiety away i had which basically had me house bound, but after talking with my Physiatrists (who i have now been discharged from) i wondered about increasing the dose to 450mg to see if it would kill any the anticipatory anxiety she said try it. its been 4 weeks since i started the new dose. Just wondered if anyone else has tried this and how long you stayed on them before going back to a lower dose.

The main reason i ask is i have had a little anxiety and low mood recently plus constipation and was just thinking it might be the increase

When i first went on them the results where like instant (within two weeks)

Any suggestions/comments would be as always greatly received.

cristine
11-12-15, 06:31
Hi nedmcg,
Not sure if this will help but I have experience the same effects on increasing the dose too much too quickly' for me ' I have my doses in two sizes so I can increase/ decrease in small amounts also contrary to other reports I have found that I have become tolerant to the medication hence the need to increase -however this is the only med I take and everyone is different ! ;-)

nedmcg
21-12-15, 00:18
Thanks for the reply cristine.

I went back down from 450mg to 300mg in the end see what happens.

cristine
23-12-15, 05:37
:shades: Merry Christmas :D

nedmcg
24-01-16, 13:35
So just a update i felt anxiety again and went back up to 450mg (3 x 150mg) and its made my anexity worse, Not sure what the next steps should be really