PDA

View Full Version : fear of meds

cattttt
20-02-07, 08:34
Hello everyone, I joined a couple of weeks ago, when I was looking for some info about anxiety. I've suffered from health anxiety for years since I was at school - I'm 51 now, didn't know until recently that it was an actual problem with a name. Started having panic attacks about 6 months ago, after a tetanus jab.

My current biggest problem is my fear of the med that I'm on for high blood pressure. Every day, I think I'm going to have an anaphylactic reaction, and go through at least an hour of fear, gradually wears off during the day, with the odd little blip later on. I also panic when I take my blood pressure, which sends it shooting up, so who knows how reliable any reading is. I live in trepidation of the doc saying I must increase the dose of the med.

I know all this is not rational, I'm far more likely to get flattened by a truck when I ride my bike into town, and it's all the more irrational as I am a radiographer, look after other people in a hospital all day and have all these fears myself. Maybe it makes me better at my job? This is just my current set of fears, there have been all sorts of things over the years, though it did leave me alone for about 15 years until now, maybe because my only child left home, or maybe menopause, who knows, I would really like to feel normal though!!!!

wobily_lin
20-02-07, 08:42
elo Catttt,

A big welcome to the site..great support n advice here as you know..glad to have ya on board x