PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Pancreatitis?

tomjohn
09-12-15, 03:05
Hi guys

So since 09 I have had incidents where I get pain in my upper abdomen. Usually its shortly after a meal, but sometimes it does creep up on me a few hours post meal. It varies in severity and duration. In the beginning I only had it once/twice a year, but the pain was excruciating for 4-7 hours. Fast forward to 2011 I started having these incidents like every 4 months, but with less pain. In 2014 I had an incident every month, but pain again was less. Here in 2015, it seems to be going backwards. I have incidents every 2,5 months now and the pain is far from what it was in 09, but its still painful (its a dull squeezing kind of pain). Sometimes it will go away if I drink a smoothie containing ginger,lemon, beetroot and stuff like that. Other times I need to go for a walk. But then there are times when nothing but time helps. The only pattern I have been able to identify is, that if I am very hungry and eat some junk, then I MIGHT get it. Other than that, I have not been able to find any pattern to when I get them.
I fear it might be Chronic Pancreatitis. This worries me a great deal.

Stools have also been acting weird. Switching between brown/yellowish-brown in color and consistency is mainly normal, but also range between somewhat loose/normal/hard

Two months ago I had my stomach looked at by a doctor performing a gastroscopy. He didn't find anything there. He also did an ultrasound of my gallbladder. No stones. So whats left? Only the Pancreas right? =/

Sigh.. This is terrible. Anyone who has any thoughts on this?

tomjohn
09-12-15, 21:36
No thoughts? =/