PDA

View Full Version : Worst panic attack so far...

AnxiousLife
09-12-15, 04:38
Hi all,

I need some serious advice. Been dealing with anxiety and health anxiety for a while now, but had my worst panic attack to date tonight. I had just gotten in the car, started driving, wasn't thinking about anything and BAM...heart racing, couldn't breathe, and the scariest part, chest and jaw pain. I pulled over, called my mom and had her talk me through- but this lasted a good 45 minutes (much longer than normal). After a little while I felt better, but my chest still feels tight and the left side of my jaw hurts anytime I take a deep breath. It's been about 5-6 hours now. Has anyone had this?? Of course I am worried it is something heart related...almost too scared to go to sleep! Could I have hit a nerve with the panic? Is there any other explanation for this other than what I dread??

uru
09-12-15, 05:43
It sounds like a painc attack.

Daniel28
09-12-15, 20:12
Go to the A&E if you think you've experienced an heart attack but I doubt that is the case but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

JamesM535
09-12-15, 20:48
Go see a doc, and since it was unusually long do you think there may have been a situation in the near past that increased the risk of a panic attack? Like even alcohol on a weekend or anything like that?

AnxiousLife
09-12-15, 22:02
I've been seen and cleared by so many docs at this point. The only thing I can think of is I used Afrin nasal spray that afternoon for some sinus congestion. I read that it can have a nervousness effect, but it was hours before the panic happened. It's just a terrifying feeling, especially driving.