PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety better around people?

uru
09-12-15, 08:59
I've found, over the last few days that I'm seem to be able to stop ruminating when I'm around other people.

Do you guys get his?

Sparkling_Fairy
09-12-15, 16:07
I find I have more anxiety when I'm on my own. With other people, I chat and laugh and I'm distracted. My anxiety comes from thinking about it. Nothing else.
So when I'm distracted, I don't have this.

I also notice if I spend 2 days indoors without leaving, I get anxiety. If I get out now and then for fresh air, I can go a whole day without anything.
Unfortunately I'm home sick now and the weather is horrid outside, so I'm stuck for day 3 indoors. And last night I felt panic closing in. But I know where it comes from, so I can usually get rid of it fast.
Everyone has their own triggers. But I do find if I'm among people, the distraction keeps mine away

Fishmanpa
09-12-15, 16:17
It makes total sense in that you're distracted and not inside you own head ruminating. I find that with my chronic pain, if I'm busy, I tend not to notice it as much. I've seen many posts where someone's anxiety was better when they went on a holiday only to have it return when they got home. Same principle.

Positive thoughts

JamesM535
09-12-15, 20:42
Just as the above, we are social creatures so we need others around us. And distracting ourselves helps us kill 2 birds with one stone - you get distracted and you spend time socializing what influences your brain in a positive way

BrokenAge
18-12-15, 14:07
I find I have more anxiety when I'm on my own. With other people, I chat and laugh and I'm distracted. My anxiety comes from thinking about it. Nothing else.
So when I'm distracted, I don't have this.

I also notice if I spend 2 days indoors without leaving, I get anxiety. If I get out now and then for fresh air, I can go a whole day without anything.
Unfortunately I'm home sick now and the weather is horrid outside, so I'm stuck for day 3 indoors. And last night I felt panic closing in. But I know where it comes from, so I can usually get rid of it fast.
Everyone has their own triggers. But I do find if I'm among people, the distraction keeps mine away

I'm the exact way, but it's hard to get out when I'm currently in highschool being home schooled.

uru
18-12-15, 18:21
Home schooled huh?

So tell me...what do you know about evolution ;)

Carnation
18-12-15, 18:28
My Anxiety is less when I have people around me, except for big crowds or noisy places. I am extremely nervous when left on my own or in a place which is not familiar to me. I have my safe zones and my Anxiety set-off places are; hospitals, doctors, large supermarkets, shopping malls, motorways/dual carriageways, official places and anything involving public transport.

Chocolateface
18-12-15, 20:31
Yes, mine is worse when I am on my own as I have time to think and spiral what is causing it. Distraction is amazing to give temporary relief for me, I fine once I have dealt with stuff my anxiety goes then I need to keep it gone

Clare

Sam Winter
18-12-15, 22:47
i am frequently around people for this very reason, if i'm left alone i seem to worry about my problems and convince myself i'm dying more easier whereas if i'm with people i rarely think like that

lindadiana
18-12-15, 23:40
yes ive noticed that im better when people are around,but on odd occasions I only like certainpeople around me when im really anxious,some family members make me feel worse,i too fel better if I can get out too,but ive not been out on my own in over 25 years,but was going out three times a week shoping with my daughter,now ive got sciatica,ive been indoors now for 9 weeks and im really getting depressed,my anxiety is high and panic feelings most of the day off and on,thinking too much and feeling rubbish,the depression has come from the sciatica coupled with not being able to walk out,i don't know anyone with a car,well I do but they wouldn't help anyway