PDA

View Full Version : Skipped heart beats after exercise!! Help!

corwichnity
09-12-15, 11:36
So I decided to get fit and In shape! To battle depression and anxiety. I done 20 mins intense work out , but soon as i stopped have had a few eptopic beats where it felt like a pause in the heart ..... I have now been put off exercise ! I'm 30 and had a 24 hour heart monitor only 6 months ago for eptopic beats ( they immediately stopped when I had the all clear so it was anxiety ! )

I want to get fit and in shape but now petrified because of these beats! I didn't feel ill or dizzy , just a bit knackered , please advice best you can

JamesM535
09-12-15, 18:55
Did you have a long break since last training? Don't go too intense, even if nothing is really happening to you your mind can in the beginning play tricks on you and it may be discouraging.

corwichnity
09-12-15, 19:03
It's my first in years ! It was quite full on for 20mins . Also after just had a cooked meal lol !

iwantpeace
10-12-15, 14:31
premature beats or ectopic beats are normal variants. so dont worry

Sparkling_Fairy
10-12-15, 19:05
My dad used to run marathons. He had skipped heartbeats all the time!
His sports doctor told him: you can have 5 per minute without it being dangerous. Which is just about what he had.
A couple of missed beats is no big deal.
I would just take it easy as it's your first time exercising in a while. Don't overdo it