PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest pain and bubble feeling - anxiety?!

ScarletSpeedster
09-12-15, 13:15
Hi guys,

I really need your help!

I had an echocardiogram and EKG of my heart done about two weeks ago, and the results to both were clear and fine. Rationally, this fear needs to end, but it is getting worse again.

The past three days I have been having mild pain and strange feelings in my left shoulder pain and breast area. It feels like a sudden pressure and pushing pain that goes from my shoulder - like it is being pushed into my chest and causes a sudden scary, but mild pain. It then leaves for a little while and comes back and is present and I can feel like a bubble feeling in my chest and back that is uncomfortable and feels like it is expanding. I realise that I have trouble regulating my breathing at points though, as when I worry, I notice my breathing become practically non-existent (basically I forget how to breath). I am terrified I am about to have a heart attack! Again, this fear is back!

How do I rationalise this fear? Can anyone offer any similar stories or advice?

Many thanks!

ray.olsen
11-12-15, 01:01
Hey

Try CBT. It would really help a lot. You're already cleared off from physical issues then evidently what you have is a mental health problem. Health anxiety can be treated so don't worry. The chest pains you are experiencing is a symptom of anxiety.

The primary thing to do is go and see a psychiatrist and a psychologist. Then follow the treatment regimen that they will provide. You should also consider some self-help methods like meditation and breathing exercises.

This will be a difficult time so get support from your friends and family. With their help you will be able to overcome this situation.