PDA

View Full Version : Oh... mole problem....

Mindknot
09-12-15, 16:31
So, I've been ticking along all pretty fine where it comes to HA for a while, but now I'm having a wobbly patch.

What's occurred? Well, the other day I was sat in the pub, it was very warm & I started scratching at this mole on the side of my face a bit - I do fiddle with it occasionally, it's been there for a long time - very pale... I was actually convinced when it 'arrived' on my face that there had been a spot there before it existed, so I'm not even sure if it's a mole....... Anyway, the scratching + heat sort of created an endless loop and the next day it felt a bit inflamed. I have now picked at it for a few days running, and today noticed that the whole top of it has turned to a scab.

Now, I consulted Dr Google a bit *sigh* and am wondering whether I should get a Dr to look at it... EVEN THOUGH I know I've picked it. What do you think I should do? Wait for it to heal and see what happens, or go to the Dr anyway?

I'm a very fair skinned person, and been sunburnt a fair few times in my life, but never had my moles checked by a dermatologist before, I'm almost certain that the GP would refer me (my bf has been referred for a mole worry before) - & it would certainly help my anxiety to be thoroughly checked, but I'm nervous about going at all.... and I kind of think I'm being daft making an appointment when I probably caused it. I'm struggling to CBT this one's ass at the mo, any tips? :shrug:

uru
09-12-15, 20:04
How old are you? (If you don't mind my asking)

Mindknot
09-12-15, 20:34
Uh... Early thirties, does that make a difference?

uru
09-12-15, 20:39
Yup http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/skin-cancer/incidence#heading-One

Mindknot
09-12-15, 20:51
Hm. Well I've decided to give it time to heal first, then decide if I need to go to the doctor or not. Just having a wobbly moment