PDA

View Full Version : cant control my anxiety

Fixxxer123
09-12-15, 19:48
Ive suffered from depression and anxiety for years now, the anxiety hadnt been a problem for a while and i learnt to get by with depression, i had a great job and i was approaching the end of my contract, 2 weeks away from signing a new one. One day i went in, it was the start of my shift, was asked to go into the office, i hadnt done anything wrong, it was a discussion about an incident with an another employee, before i got to the office, my heart was already pounding which i didnt understand because i wasnt nervous. When i sat down i couldnt even get a word out properly, 2 of my managers where asking me if was ok because i was sweating and went pale, my body went so weak, i had no control i walked out and left.

i went the doctors, as soon as i was seen i started having another panic attack before i said a word, i was given citalopram which i had been on in the past and was booked for CBT which i had to wait 2 months before i could be seen.

To cut it short, i didnt go back to work because of the fear of having another panic attack, stopped taking citalopram after a month, personally i prefare not to take medication for anxiety or depression. this was months ago and things havent improved, i cancelled my CBT, i couldnt do it and i dont know why, i feel like i cant communicate with anybody without having an attack and i need to to start working again because my debts all building up. its becoming a struggle just leaving my house, i feel defenceless.

friends and family know about it all but its like ive been left to fix this on my own, i guess im writing this to see if anybody has experianced anything similiar, should anxiety attacks happen when you believe you arent anxious?

lindadiana
09-12-15, 20:04
well I wake up with one most days,ive not even had the chance to think about anything to cause the anxiety or provoke a panic attack,so yes I think they can occur when you didn't feel really anxious

HaroldMorse
10-12-15, 13:28
I suggest you to go for CBT this treatment is quite helpful for controlling panic attacks and anxiety disorders. These type of therapies are much beneficial for control your anxiety levels, conquer your fears and stop worrisome thoughts.