PDA

View Full Version : Lump on throat (thyroid) waiting for results. So scared for my Dad!

Leslie735
09-12-15, 21:57
This isn't about me but my Dad. My Dad is in his 60's he noticed a lump on his neck a couple weeks ago. Saw his doctor, she sent him for blood tests on his thyroid (came back normal) and now is waiting ultrasound results. He goes tomorrow to get the results. She called this afternoon with the blood test results and they said they were all normal but wants him to discuss the ultrasound results tomorrow. I'm scared! Why wouldn't they just give the results over the phone, I'm worried its' something bad. :(

Traceypo
09-12-15, 21:59
Could it be she didn't have them yet? I've got a lump on my neck, it's a benign lymph node, it caused me a lot of worry at first, but two ent professionals and my gp agree on that diagnosis so I have to trust them.
Good luck for you and your dad tomorrow.
Xx

Leslie735
09-12-15, 22:03
No she said she had the results but he needs to come in to discuss them. I'm sooo worried! :(

rebeccad
10-12-15, 17:53
Did you get the results ? A lady at work has the same thing x

Leslie735
10-12-15, 20:53
My Dad saw his doctor today (primary care doctor) and she is sending him to an endocrinologist for biopsies. She found several nodules on his thyroid but didn't seem concerned about those but his lymph node right next to them was big so she wants to biopsy that too. Needless to say he is worried and I am too! :(

Leslie735
15-01-16, 20:12
Updating this thread because I said I would. All my Dads biopsies came back benign!!! Praise God! :)

Lifelonganxiety!
15-01-16, 21:48
Great, thanks for posting the update. That's fantastic news.

Also a good thread for all the lump worriers that it can happen and be totally benign. In fact, that is much more likely to be the case.

Anyway, great news and a happy healthy new year!

sunflower lady
15-01-16, 22:29
So happy for you lesley735! I have had biopsies on my thyroid before and it's SO hard waiting for results! :yesyes:

debs71
15-01-16, 23:11
Updating this thread because I said I would. All my Dads biopsies came back benign!!! Praise God! :)

Wonderful news!

I had a lump on my thyroid a couple of years ago. I was also petrified, had a load of blood tests including thyroid function and all my tests came back normal, which terrified me even more. I was hoping something would show up in my thyroid tests to explain the lump!

I then had to wait for an ultrasound scan and was told I may need a biopsy, and I was so scared, but thank God it was found to be a thyroid cyst. I eventually ended up seeing a Consultant Endocrine Surgeon who drained it with a rather large syringe, right there and then in his office!

The relief was enormous.

Just wanted to add my experience to illustrate that often lumps of this kind are benign, harmless and can be easily addressed.

All the best to you and your Dad! xx:hugs:

Leslie735
16-01-16, 04:04
Thank you everyone! I wanted to make sure I updated, especially with the good news. A lot of people never come back k to update with their good news. :)